Tristan Gets In Trouble

Gracie is a month old today, it's bittersweet. I know one month doesn't seem like a big deal but for me it it. I've learned so much in this time period. But anyway today we're all just hanging out. I went to the doctors this morning, they agreed to let me up my meds and did testing for other things. I found out I have bipolar depression, not just depression. That does make sense, I've had the symptoms. I'm taking a shitload of medicine now but if it all makes me me feel okay it's worth it.

We're all outside playing soccer right now, even Marissa. Since there's 5 of us Maddie, Tristan, and I are on one team and Demi and Marissa are on the other. We're winning, but not by much. Every time the ball goes out in the street Tristan tries to run after it, i can tell this is stressing Demi out.

"Want me to take him inside?" I ask "I need to check on Gracie anyway"

"No it's okay" Demi says "go check on Gracie I've got him"

I run inside and over to the baby monitor, Gracie's still asleep but I'll have to wake her up soon. While grabbing a drink Demi walks in with Tristan and sits him in time out. I can tell she needs a break.

"Mom go enjoy yourself I'll stay with him it's fine really" I say

"You sure?" She asks

"Yes, now go" I say. She reluctantly agrees and goes back outside.

"Tristan do you know why mommy had to put you in time out?" I ask him

"Cause I kept wunning after the ball" he says innocently

"Yep" I say "two minutes alright"

I set the timer for two minutes then go get Gracie out of bed. Once I'm back downstairs the timer goes off.

"Come here bud" I say

Tristan gets up and I scoop him up. He looks like he's going to cry.

"mommy only did that because she loves you and wants you to be safe" I tell him "a car could have hit you and hurt you really bad"

"Sorry" he says quietly

"I forgive you, now let's go say sorry to mommy" I say

I put Tristan down and we go back outside. He runs over to Demi and hugs her. They get back to the soccer game while I feed Gracie, Tristan hasn't run back out in the road again!