20

PoV: Tails

Sonic had a few new habits, which ment we all needed to keep a closer eye on him. Sonic wouldn't sleep unless Sticks was in bed with him and he knew she was safe. Sonic had also stopped eating, or even indicating that he was hungry. We just had to guess when he was hungry get and when he wasn't. It involved a lot of leaving small items of food near him. Though some days not even that worked, Sonic would just turned away from the food and someone would have to feed him by hand.

"Sonic, eat something, please?" Amy was holding a slice of peach and cottage cheese up to him, he didn't want it.

"Amy don't give him that, it made his throw up yesterday," I took it from her and have to too Knuckle who had no problem eating it.

"When what to we feed him? He hadn't eaten since yesterday," Amy rubbed Sonic stomach, it was so swollen now. It worried me, how fast his stomach was growing with the baby... I didn't know how to help him deliver a baby. Not one that was getting so big.

"Try this," I opened up a box of chocolates, we just needed to figure out what Sonic was craving. Sonic reached for one and started to pick and choose which chocolates he wanted.

"We can't just feed him sugar," Amy whispered.

"What else do you suggest?" I sighed.

"I don't know, have him smell the food he wants?" Amy sighed.

"That gives me an idea," I walked into my kitchen and brought out as many different spices as I could think off.

  I opened one and held it close to Sonic, he turned away. He wasn't interested in almost all of them. When he finally took one from my hand I grabbed my laptop and order something that was based off the flavor of that spice.

"What did you do?" Amy asked as I smiled in content.

"I got Sonic some food," I smiled.

"What kind?" Amy asked.

"He wanted the chilli powder, so I got him a stake meal, with rice and green beans," I grinned.

"Meh burger doesn't have that kind of food," Amy replied.

"I know that, I just ordered the ingredients from a grocery store. I'll be cooking it. You really think I'd trust meh burger to nourish my pregnant friend? Not a chance. I'll make everything Sonic needs. I've already made him a crib and we've been ordering a bunch of baby clothes together. Mostly gender neutral until we learn the sex of the baby, but anything Sonic want a I'm getting him," I switched tabs and found a boppy pillow, "see, Sonic is going to need one of these for brestfeeding. I'm just going to let him pick the color."

  I heard a wince and ran to Sonic.

"Sonic? What's going on?" I grabbed him and helped him sit.

"My water... broke..." he winced again, I noticed the gooey pink fluid what had spilt all over the floor.

"Knuckles!" I shouted and he ran over, putting the cottage cheese down, "I need you to carry him, were going to a hospital."

"But he's all gross and gooey..." Knuckles remarked.

"JUST DO IT!" I snapped and Knuckles picked him up.

  We ran, we ran to the hospital and they took Sonic in immediately. I felt awful for all the looks Sonic was getting, I'd need to handle them all later.

---

  Sonic was taken to the birthing room, and we all got to sit by him as he squeezed Sticks's hand. It took hours of Sonic's screaming from pain before the baby was born. It wasn't even a baby...

... It was an egg...

~~~