1 ~ Sober or Drunk, I Know I Want You

"And Walker Buehler has done it again, scoring yet another home-run for the LA Dodgers!" the words blared from the television precariously mounted above the liquor rack.

Clementine completely disregarded the screen, though it was displaying the team depicted on her hat, and focused her attention on the girl playing darts across the room with her friends. It was easy to pick her out of the four girls in close quarters, seeming how she was the only blonde.

Lately, Violet had been the only person venturing through Clementine's mind. Despite hanging out in a tacky bar in Virginia, Violet shined in the dim lights emanating the room.

Clementine noted her laugh and smile in the distance, and how she wished she could get close enough to her and talk to her without acting dysfunctional, she found herself adhesively sitting on her bar stool, busying herself with peanuts and a frothy beer.

"Is there any reason you're not talking to her yet?" her dreadlocked friend, Louis, inquired as he swiftly took a seat in the vacant stool next to Clem.

The brunette's heart fluttered for a second as her train of thought was now disrupted. She turned to her slightly drunk friend and weakly smiled.

"Heh, is it that obvious?" she benignly responded as blush struck her cheeks. After pushing away the peanut remnants left in her bowl, she firmly gripped her Budweiser and took a sip, the tangy flavor overpowering her mouth.

"I'm afraid so." Louis, referred to as Lou, watched deliberately as Clementine repeatedly flitted her eyes onto Violet. It was clear to him that the feelings Clementine grew for the girl weren't anything new.

He turned his attention to the bartender and ordered the usual, a Heineken. "It's nothing to be embarrassed about," he started as he grabbed ahold of Clementine's peanut bowl and began to toss back peanuts into his upper orifice, "I think you two would make a great couple."

Clementine fully turned around and gave all her attention to the musical man. She fondly smiled and looked down at her tan hands. "I don't know.. I'm not even sure if she likes me."

"Please, a girl like you? Kind, intelligent, caring, fucking hilarious and considerate? Pretty, too, though not as pretty as some of us millennials," he noted with a glorified wink.

Clementine glanced up and chuckled. "Well, Lou, you sure are some character," she joked. She took another swig of her beer, fidgeting with it in her hands after delicately placing it back down onto the cool surface of the cobalt counter. "I just wouldn't know how to tell her."

She spun back 'round so she was once again facing the blonde, indicating for Louis to avert his eyes from her and onto the girls in the distance.

Louis fixated his optics to the scene in the corner. Sophie was throwing darts against the dartboard, well, more like attempting to. Violet and Brody stood by her side, obnoxiously laughing every time her dart missed the target. And Minerva, who was busy with a bottle pressed to her lips, landed her eyes on Violet most of the time and occasionally stood up for her turn to throw darts.

"Look at that," Clementine asserted.

"Um.. you mean the guy in the booth next to them going to town in his nose?" Louis joked with a serious tone.

"No, Lou!" Clementine shamed as she turned back to lightly but forcefully smack his shoulder.

"Um, ow?" he dramatically replied and feigned a look of pain. He reached for the peanut bowl again. "Of course I see them, but what exactly am I supposed to be looking at?" he inquired.

Clementine softly exhaled as she led on a small smile while looking at Violet. She was wearing a white crop-top with black leggings down her legs. She looked effortlessly beautiful to Clementine. "Them.. well, her. God, I would kill to be over there with her," she sighed as her body now faced the bar, her hands still tightly gripping onto the frigid beer.