8 ~ Maybe We'll Fly Together Someday

"This whole project can bite me in the ass," Brody spoke exasperatedly. Her and Violet were busy doing research for papers and projects in their university library. Brody took a swig of her water before typing again, huffing and puffing all of her anger out. "I'm one of his best students in his class, and he's going to stick me with a guy who barely even cares to show up to the class?"

"Why not just ask to switch partners?" Violet suggested, repeatedly checking her phone and waiting for Clementine's text to state when her class would be over and she'd be on her way to see Violet.

"I have. I've begged him several times that if I ask again he'll probably write me an F." Brody slowly shook her head as she scrolled through multiple sources which consisted of endless research, loathing the mountains of work and effort in her near future. "Let's face it: This may actually be the death of Brody Burress."

"Maybe if you're lucky enough it actually will be. At least then you won't have to stress over it anymore."

"I hope. This project is going to be my downfall. I have an A in every single class, and this project is going to make my A plummet. Does my partner care? No. He'd rather get laid every breathing moment and get hungover afterwards." Brody abruptly shut her laptop and set down her pencil and notebook. A sigh escaped her mouth as she rubbed her weary eyes. "Alright, breathe, Brody. Change of subject." She intriguingly leaned in on the table, crossing her arms and smiling broadly at Violet. "So, how are things with you and Clementine going?" she inquired.

Violet's lips promptly hooked upwards, elated from the words. She sighed contently as she relished in the thought of her girlfriend. "Things are great. They're.. perfect." She reeled out her phone again, a crestfallen expression faltering her complexion as her notifications hadn't popped up with Clementine's name yet.

"Wow, perfect?" Brody questioned as she playfully nudged Violet's shoulder with her hand. "Is Clementine bringing out your inner softness?"

"I don't have an inner softness. You of all people should know that," the blonde carelessly joked. She once again checked her phone - nothing.

"Please, everybody has a soft side. It just depends on the person that's capable of reaching and finding it within you."

Violet opened her mouth to ridicule Brody's poetic and rosy wit, but a message brightening up her phone halted further continuation. Without reluctancy, she clasped her phone off the table and read the message she had been yearning for. The clock read 3:45 (the exact time Clem's class dismissed), which means Clementine's first priority after class was to see Violet.

"Speak of the angel," Brody spoke.

Clementine: Hey, class just ended. On my way over to the library, see you soon ;)

Violet endlessly smiled at her girlfriend's text, craving for her presence.

Violet: I hope your class went well. My day's been long and boring without you here

Violet eyed the library doors deliberately, impatiently sitting and waiting for her girlfriend to walk through them and into her sight. A few minutes passed, and finally her love waltzed over to their table. "Hey, you," Clementine softly spoke as she leaned over and kissed Violet on her lips. She felt Violet smile into the kiss, and it filled her with a warmth nobody else but Violet could give her.

"Ugh, life is so unfair," Brody complained as Clementine shuffled into her seat close to Vi, "Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore you two together, as if I haven't showed that enough, but I want what you guys have. I want that closeness and passion and intimacy with someone special."

"You know, I think I might just know someone who fits that exact description for you," Violet lightly teased, smirking knowingly at Brody. The auburn-haired girl flushed red with heat spattering her cheeks. "Do you want me to call Marlon now, or?"