28 ~ The Part of Me You Never See

There's no way this is fucking happening. Not again. I can't.. I can't go through this again. I can't relive it. Why the fuck would Minerva do this. She's Minerva, Clementine, that's why.

How the hell did she even manage to find the article? I thought it was buried deep under a bunch of other horrible stories. God, I can't believe I'm about to experience the worst pain I've ever felt all over again.

After spending most of the night with Violet at her spot (even though Vi claims it to be both of theirs), Clementine found herself locked in her room, on the verge of tears. She sat in the middle of her bed, soaking in a pool of darkness. Finally she gained enough strength to click on her phone and revisit Minerva's post, where Clementine's eyes were drawn to the heading of the article.

Black Man Shoots Unarmed Civilian.

Those fucking racist liars! That's not the entire story!

Clementine couldn't bear to read it. She already knew the story - the correct story. She threw her phone across the room in anger, a waterfall of tears streaming down her face. Burying her head in her hands, the brunette's thoughts were off the rails.

How could one of the best nights turn into one of the worst so easily? She just wanted to be back with Violet, being held in her arms so tightly, kissing her until the only thing that tore them apart was oxygen, and staring lovingly into her light green eyes. Instead, she felt her heart ache as she was reminded of the demise of her parents and Lee's past.

Slowly Clementine lifted her head up and turned to look at the picture that always sat atop her nightstand. Inside the frame was a picture of Clem's parents, who were murdered by two rogue guys thirsty for blood when she was eight.

Anything related to killing always induced the memory of her dead parents, and having an adoptive father who was in the system wasn't the easiest thing in the world to deal with. But Clementine knew Lee was a good man. He was an amazing father to her and AJ, a good friend to many people. Anyone who truly knew Lee knew that he was a great guy that wanted vengeance for his wife.

The brunette sighed heavily and crawled underneath her blankets, her cheeks stained a faint red color. She closed her eyes and attempted to fall asleep, hoping that magically everything would be forgotten tomorrow and she could pretend it never happened.

The only thing Clementine knew for sure is whenever her and Minerva met again, Minerva would regret ever having hurt her and Violet, and that's something she swore on her life.

~~~

"Is that.. Clem's father?" Louis asked in an uncertain tone. Since Minerva was well known on social media, her post had spread around to an abundance of people.

"I don't know. I've never met her father, but if it is.. Clem's father's a murderer?" Brody said in shock, constantly looking back and forth between Lou and Vi. They had all just finished a class at six, so now they were killing time outside the school's library.

Violet reeled out her phone and went to Minerva's page to check it out; it had been ages since she had last visited it. Her eyes widened after a few seconds of scrolling. "Lee Everett," Violet announced unenthusiastically. "That's her father."

"Holy shit. Holy shit. Says here that he murdered the man in cold blood. That's, fucked up," Louis stated, not wanting to read anymore and therefore shoving his phone in his pocket.

Violet and Brody did the same, everyone then sharing the same confused and shocked facial expressions. The auburn-haired girl crossed her arms and questioned, "why the hell would Minerva dig this up out of the dirt? This happened years ago. Lee's a changed man, I'm assuming."