4 ~ Tension

The empty beer bottle spun at full tilt as it eyed its victims mercilessly. The kids watched it intensely, waiting for their imminent fate to strike them. It spun round n' round, eventually beginning to falter after a period of time. When the bottle finally came full circle, it landed on the most innocent and precious of all: Sophie.

"Well, the odds don't seem to be in my favor tonight," she groaned. Her eyes averted from the bottle to Louis, holding her breath for what the dreadlocked boy had in mind.

He ruminated the redhead's fate, but he decided to play gentleman and go easy on her. "Truth it is," he proclaimed to the room.

Sophie exhaled with relief, though she was intelligent enough to know she wasn't completely off the hook. "What? C'mon, Lou. My sister has to have some fun tonight. Fuck it, give her a dare," Minerva begged.

Sophie anxiously shook her head and pleaded with her eyes for Louis to stick to his initial decision. He remained silent with a simple smile, purposefully drawing out her nerves.

"Yeah, do you think we care about what people think? We want action - good action," Mitch agreed with a smirk.

"And I'm sure you'll get plenty, but to start off the night, it's my decision. And my decision is truth."

Louis sat with one leg flat out in front of him and the other hunched up close to his body. He played with his thoughts while everyone grew antsy waiting for his verdict.

"C'mon, spit it out," Violet spoke while pressing her lips to her beer. She then handed it to Brody, who was resting right below her, so she could take a swig as well.

"Alright, Sophie, I've concluded that you have to tell us your favorite sex position."

"Louis!" the embarrassed girl blurted. A scowl washed over her face while everyone else started laughing uncontrollably.

"What? I saved you from a dare. I never said the truths would be easy," Louis defended, sharing a boyish smile at her, only for that to fuel her anger even more.

Minerva smirked and glanced over at Violet, who had her arm wrapped around her stomach, laughing endlessly with the rest. "That one's easy for me," she stated audibly only for one person to hear it: Clementine.

A burning hatred brewed inside the brunette. Her state of contentment progressed into fury. She decided to not saying anything against it; she wouldn't dare give Minerva her satisfaction. Clementine let go of her provocation and flitted her eyes onto Violet, who finally was now tranquil and back to relaxedly sitting on the couch. Just the view of her already calmed Clem's arising disgust.

"It's okay, Soph. You don't have to answer," Violet stated, noticing her muteness and lost eyes.

"No, let the girl answer. I've been missing out on my friends' sex lives lately," Brody joked.

"I-" Sophie began timidly. "I haven't.. lost my virginity yet," she explained, notable heat and redness flushing her cheeks. She looked down at the beige carpet in pure embarrassment.

Everyone shared the same shocked look, unsure of whether to joke with the fact or console the girl. Louis felt a sense of guilt strike him, regretting his foolish question. He wanted to apologize, but the words couldn't find him soon enough.

"Dude, it's our last year of college," Mitch obnoxiously pointed out.

"Yeah, how have-" Marlon began but was cut off from Brody.

"That's enough out of you two," Brody scolded them, waving her finger at them both. She turned to Sophie and offered a warm smile. "It's alright, Sophie. It's up for you to decide when you're ready."