14 ~ We Have the Time, but is It Right?

All you have to do is tell her. Just pull yourself  together and let the words roll off your tongue. This isn't difficult nor is it impossible. You're in love with her, and she should know you love her. Right? I'd want to know, given I haven't ever been told I'm loved. Heh, pathetic. Is it too soon though? Last time the subject of love became relevant my god damn world came crashing down beneath my feet. I mean, I lay my eyes on a friend I've known for about a year and all of a sudden I'm in love with her? God, why the fuck is love so complicated.

Huffing and clearing her head, Violet gathered her things and strolled out of class as the teacher dismissed them. She traversed the halls until she reached her locker, where Minerva awaited the girl with her infamous, spell-bounding smile etched across her face. "Hey."

"Hi," Violet responded, not bothering to meet Minerva's beguiling eyes as she pulled out the rest of her things stored inside her locker. Without saying another word, Violet shut her locker and began to walk away until Minerva stopped her.

With students beginning to pour into the halls, the redhead reached for Vi's arm and held it firmly. "Couple of girls and I are heading out tonight for drinks. Maybe after you and I can go to my place and pick up where we last left off," she spoke in a concupiscent manner.

"I don't know if you're just naive or still the same person you used to be, but Clementine and I are together now. Happily, together." Violet swiftly moved her arm back to release Minerva's grip.  

Glancing at the ground and chuckling softly, Minerva spoke, "I'm just saying it's okay to lose control once in a while." Her head lifted back up, her eyes filled with that special glint that makes it almost impossible to look away.

"Not when you want the person you're with to be the last," Violet elucidated with bitterness laced in her words, seeing right through her trick. She pierced a sharp glare at the girl for a few seconds. "You know," Violet began, gently shaking her head and looking away, "god what happened to you? Before Clementine and I got together we were somewhat on good terms, even after you played me for a fool. You didn't truly want me then, but now you want me back when I'm with someone else?"

Minerva scoffed and rolled her eyes. "I know, Vi. You're with Clementine. But are you really going to lie to yourself and pretend you didn't enjoy the things we did?"

"Okay, yeah, maybe at the time it felt, good, but that's when I thought you and I were more than just sex. Turned out I was just a joyride for you."

Violet could feel her tension rising within her. She clenched her teeth tightly as the rush of the regrettable past came flooding back to cloud her mind. Minerva remained silent, crossing her arms as her weight leaned against one of the crimson lockers.

"I had a lot of shit I had to deal with because of you. You shattered me to pieces, and it took a god damn long time to piece myself back together." Violet inhaled and exhaled exasperatedly at the girl. She wanted nothing more than to walk away, but her words for Minerva weren't done yet.

"I was somehow lucky enough to find a girl like Clementine, and she is the reason I am completely pieced back together now. There was always one piece missing in my life, and I never knew what it was."

The blonde was reluctant to finish, letting her words sink in with her ex. Minerva opened her mouth to speak, but Violet beat her to it. "It was her. Don't be jealous because I found someone better than you. You had the chance to be better. I guess you were just too vain to take it."

Violet stormed off, not daring to give Minerva a chance for absolution. She turned a corner, reeled out her phone, and drafted Louis a text. A few moments later, his car wheels rolled up, and the two drove off to his house.