26 ~ I Loved You Then, I Love You Now

~ FLASHBACK ~

"She definitely wouldn't go for you," Louis stated as he took another swig of his frigid beer. It was running low, so he ordered another beer at the bar and came back to join his friends at their table.

"So? She's hot," Mitch replied with a smirk. Lou, Brody, Marlon and Mitch were all busy admiring a new girl seated at the bar. Violet though didn't seem as interested as she just glanced up at the girl once and then looked back down at the table. The mysterious girl had short, curly brunette hair that adorned her beautiful complexion. She picked at her peanuts while watching one of the games screening on the t.v.

Brody furrowed an eyebrow, concentrating on the girl for a moment. "I've never seen her around before. Maybe she's new?"

"Let's go find out," Louis remarked with a gleeful smile. "Stay here, I'll invite her over."

The dreadlocked man sauntered his way back to the bar and stood right beside the girl. "Hey," he spoke, retrieving her attention.

"Hello," the girl responded benevolently.

"I noticed you seem to be by yourself, and that's no way to make a memorable time at a tacky bar. Why don't you join my friends and I at our table?"

The girl thought about it for a second before she answered. She grabbed her beer and swiftly stood up, uttering, "sure, why not. Thanks."

"No problem. I'm Louis, by the way."

"Clementine."

"Well, Clementine, let me introduce you to the gang," Louis stated as the two approached the table with his crazed adult friends. He offered her his chair, which the brunette happily accepted with a smile.

"Everyone, this is Clementine. Clementine, this is Mitch, Violet, Marlon and Brody."

"Hey there, Clementine," Brody waved with kind eyes. "That's a cool name."

"Thanks. I got it for my birthday," Clem joked, receiving laughs from all around the table except Violet's end. She did reveal a small smile though, which the brunette caught.

"Finally, I've got some real competition for jokes," Lou teased, winking playfully. Spotting a vacant chair, the man grabbed it and turned it around so the back of it was facing the table. He sat down and spoke, "So Clementine, how come we haven't seen you around before? A girl like you I'd easily pick out of a crowd."

"Oh my god," Violet sighed, slamming her fist down on the table. She rolled her eyes too.

"What? I'm just speaking the truth," Lou replied, feigning a look of shock. "But anyways, are you new here or something?"

Once she finished taking a sip of her beer, Clementine stated, "actually yeah. I'm finishing my final year at Ericson. Haven't really scoped out the place yet and my first day is in two days, so I'm pretty sure I'm screwed for directions."

"Well you're in luck, because we've been at Ericson for three years," Marlon pointed out. "We'd be happy to show you around the place."

"Damn, I can't believe you're actually going to Ericson! That's awesome!" Louis beamed.

"Oh wow, she's going to one of the biggest schools in Virginia. Small world," Violet sarcastically stated with an annoyed expression. She met Clementine's amber eyes for a few seconds before darting her vision somewhere else.