27 ~ Persistency

The sky was a cornflower blue. Big, cumulus clouds hovered over Ericson as Clementine, Violet, Brody, Louis and Mitch ate lunch outside in the courtyard of the university.

After poking her salad multiple times, Brody questioned, "Can you guys believe in a week and a half we're really going to be done with school?" She then shoved the fork full of salad into her mouth.

"I know, it's crazy. Who knew we all somehow had the brains to graduate?" Louis replied, directly staring at Mitch with a smirk.

"Tease all you want, I've gotten more than you have in the past month, and I'm still graduating. Win-win if you ask me."

Clementine chuckled before she dove into her sandwich, taking a swig of her water afterward. "It's definitely been one hell of a ride. I'm just glad you guys were by my side throughout it all. You've all made my life here so much easier."

"I think Violet's glad, too," the dread-headed man joked, offering a toothy smile. The blonde kicked him under the table, making her friend wince in pain.

"Ow, okay, okay. Can you really say I'm wrong though? I mean, look at you two. You're literally holding hands underneath the table and constantly batting your eyes at each other. You're telling me that's not love?"

"He's got a point," Clementine stated, playfully rolling her eyes. "Speaking on the subject of love, I'm waiting for some details, Brody." The auburn-haired girl plastered a look of bemusement on her face, but she knew what her friend wanted to know.

"We all are," Violet reinforced.

"It's not love, at least I don't think it is. Maybe it is. Look I don't know what I feel for him now, but things are good between us, and I want them to stay that way. He didn't tell you guys anything though, did he? About me? Us?"

"You give me a headache, Brody," Mitch asserted as he dug into his lunch. The girl flipped him off with a fake smile.

"Sounds like love to me," Louis added.

"Me too," the brunette informed as she stood up and threw her backpack over her shoulder. She leaned down and planted a quick kiss on Violet's lips, always missing the taste and touch of them once she pulled away. "I've got class in five. I'll see you guys later."

Before traversing the halls to her classroom, Clementine made a stop at her locker to empty some of the things in her backpack. When she opened it, a note taped to the back wall caught her eye.

Meet me at our spot around eight ~ Vi

Clem smiled to herself, grabbing the note, examining it for a few seconds, and then tucking it away in her pocket.

She heard several footsteps behind, but one in particular grew louder until eventually the figure was right beside her.

"The hell do you want now, Minerva? Haven't ruined my life enough yet?" Clementine stated in an annoyed tone.

"How's Vi?" Minerva asked with concerning eyes. "I heard she was in a car accident."

The brunette abruptly slammed her locker shut, averting her attention to the infamous redhead.

"Not that you even care, but it was way worse than just an accident. And she's fine. She'll be fine. Just taking it easy for now, so do her a favor and leave her the fuck alone."

Minerva looked down at the ground and stated, "I'm not a heartless person, you know. I do care about her."

Clementine scoffed. "Like hell you do."

"Okay, is it wrong for a person to only want pleasure from someone and nothing more? It's not like it wasn't consensual. We both wanted it and enjoyed it."