2 ~ Blast from the Past

"And Walker Buehler has done it again, scoring yet another home-run for the LA Dodgers!" the words blared from the television precariously mounted above the liquor rack.

Though, Violet and her girls didn't hear the television as they were lost in their deranged game of darts. Others probably viewed it as four tipsy girls attempting to even get the dart thrown straight.

Sophie was up against the dartboard as Violet and Brody stood by her side, laughing every time she failed miserably to make contact with the board. Minnie sat in her chair, her eyes constantly landing on Violet.

"Soph, I love you dearly, but please, never, and I mean never, join a dart league," Brody teased as she took a swig of her beer.

"Let's see you throw some darts. It's a lot more difficult when you have alcohol buzzing through your veins," she joked back.

Violet softly laughed as she enjoyed the humorous comments between her friends being tossed in the air. She glanced over at the lonely brunette hanging out at the bar, and a sudden warmth filled her body with content.

Before she could avert her green eyes, a sudden figure casted over her and shielded her view of the brunette.

"Something catching your fancy, Vi?" Minerva questioned in a genuine yet bothersome tone. She set her hand on Violet's shoulder, slowly moving it closer to caress her blushed cheek.

"Nothing that concerns you, Minerva," she responded with an eye roll. She quickly took a step back, halting Minerva's touch.

"What happened to Minnie? You used to always call me Minnie. Hell, everyone does. Why the change?" she inquired with a sly smirk.

Violet could feel her bones and muscles tensing up. She just wanted a fun night out with her friends without Minerva trailing behind them to only bring up their past relationship every chance she got. She had no desire to argue, so she simply defused the arising, futile dispute.

"Just.. just forget it. C'mon, let's play some darts," she said while turning her back to Minerva and smirking at Sophie and Brody, "I need to show you how Victory Violet rolls."

"Yeah right, Vi. You think you're capable of throwing a tiny dart against a small board that's ten feet away straight? I mean, have you seen your sexuality?" Brody teased with a light smile.

"Heh, I don't carry a whole ton of talent with me, but darts is my forte."

Minerva sat down back in her seat, a game of darts not catching her interest. Her teal, intimidating eyes periodically fell onto Violet, the girl she tried to relentlessly reel back into her life. Her attempts were always in vain, but she didn't denote that as a sign to stop.

"Damn, bullseye first shot," Violet jokingly bragged as she went to retrieve the dart lodged into the board. "Might want to ease up a little so I don't leave you all in the dust."

"Okay, that's definitely either Louis rubbing off on you too much, or the beer streaming through your bloodline. Either way, it's an indication to cut off relations from both," Sophie remarked with a pretty smile.

Violet chuckled and playfully shook her head. "Honestly it's probably both, but that doesn't stop me from being a prodigious dart-thrower."

Brody sauntered her way to Violet and placed one hand on Vi's shoulder, and grabbed her beer with the other. "Seriously, you're scaring us, Vi. Let's you and I stand over here and let Soph go again."

"Fiiiine."

As Violet stood closely to Brody's side, she found her eyes persistently watching Clementine. Lately she had been floating around in Vi's mind, and it seemed that wouldn't change anytime soon.