30 ~ The Sight of a Girl I Used to Know

"Chips, balloons, music, alcohol. That's pretty much all you need for a party, right?" Violet questioned as she watched Louis chuck his dart into the board on the wall.

After it landed, Lou replied, "yeah if you're hosting a lame party. This is 'Louis' best party of the whole damn year graduation celebration. I have to go all out. Which means I need all the junk food you can eat, a shit ton of balloons, loud, energetic music, and all the liquor the nearest store carries."

Coming back from the bar was Clementine and Brody, holding their two beers and taking their seats. "Is this 'Louis' best party of the whole damn year' we're talking about?" the brunette inquired, just catching the end of Lou's sentence.

Louis smiled and nodded, getting back into his throwing stance. "Indeed it is. You two are coming, right? I know Violet is, well because she's my best friend of course and she wouldn't miss it for the world," he teased, averting his attention to the blonde.

She rolled her eyes and uttered, "I'm only going for the booze."

"Yeah, right," Brody interjected. "Clem's going, and if my calculations are correct, you can expect Violet to be there as well."

Everyone chuckled except for Vi, but she did let out a small smile, not denying her friend's statement. Louis waltzed toward the dartboard to retrieve his darts and hand them off to Violet, the queen of the game.

"So who's all invited anyway?" the blonde queried while eyeing the target in front of her. She threw the dart and smirked to herself as she watched it land on the bullseye first try. "Victory Violet," she muttered to herself under her breath.

Taking Vi's seat and a swig of his frothy beer, Louis answered, "in order to have the best damn party of the year, you gotta have everyone there. So, the gang and anyone from the school that sees the invitation and wants to come. But I mean who wouldn't want to come?"

"Probably people who want to keep their dignity," Violet retorted with a chuckle.

Clementine laughed, finding it hard to look away from her girlfriend's voluptuous body. Her warm, light green eyes, short blonde hair, soft lips and porcelain skin, soothing voice, toned stomach. Everything about Violet made Clem bite her bottom lip when just thinking about her.

"Is Minerva going to be there?" Brody regretfully asked while gripping her beer in her hand.

Looking less happy, the dreadlocked man replied, "I didn't personally send her an invite, but anyone's welcome to come. So if she shows up, she shows up."

Violet and Clementine exchanged nervous and annoyed glances, hoping to god the treacherous girl wouldn't go. As Louis noticed their expressions, he added, "but if she causes any trouble between you two, I'll kick her out. Nothing is ruining 'Louis' best party of the-"

"We know," Violet, Clem and Brody all interrupted simultaneously. They all laughed together and continued to converse until Mitch and Marlon came through the doors. Brody waved them down.

"Hey, guys," Marlon stated as he and Mitch found their way to the gang's table. He pulled up a chair right next to Brody and threw his arm around her, receiving light blush and a sweet smile from the redhead.

"Entertainment has arrived," Mitch joked, pulling up a chair next to his dreadlocked friend.

"Actually, entertainment arrived twenty minutes ago. You're sitting right next to him," Louis corrected.

"Well what's going on," Mitch added, swiping Lou's beer and taking a quick swig. He tried to give it back but Louis feigned a look of disgust.

"You know what, keep it. God knows where the hell your mouth has been. But anyways, we're just talking about my awesome party that I know you're attending."