12 ~ You, Me and the Stars

Gradually opening her weary eyes, Clementine awakened inside her tent from her first night in the woods. She yawned, stretched, and turned over to face her girlfriend still peacefully under sleep's spell. While smiling contently, she watched Violet softly inhale and exhale, snoring ever so lightly.

This. This exact moment is how Clementine wanted to wake up every single day for the rest of her life. Right beside her girlfriend, waking up with utter elation and ecstasy, and never having to go anywhere else. This is all she ever wanted.

"I love you," she whispered to herself, ensuring Violet wouldn't hear, despite desperately wanting to tell her. "You have no idea." She leaned upward to leave the tent, but Violet quickly placed her hand on Clementine's stomach. "Don't go," she spoke in a raspy yet alluring manner. "They don't know we're awake yet, so let's just stay for now."

The blonde opened her green eyes to see the same smile being reciprocated. "I'm not going anywhere," Clem assured, laying back down to Vi's level. "You just looked so peaceful. I didn't want to ruin that."

Clementine delicately brushed her hand against Violet's rosy cheek, the blonde holding it there tightly. "Manage to get any sleep last night?" Violet questioned while scanning the prominent features of Clem's complexion.

"Eh, somewhat. Sleeping in the woods isn't the most promising thing, but I definitely fell asleep easier knowing you were by my side," she replied, clearing a strand of Violet's disheveled hair.

"I'm glad."

"What about you? Sleep okay?"

"Like you said, a lot easier with you by my side."

Falling into each other's gaze, Violet and Clem's moment alone was cut short when Louis banged rapidly against the side of their tent. "Chop chop, ladies. We have big plans for today. I know that might not pique your interest, but the buzzing substance of tequila I know for sure will," he joked.

Violet exasperatedly sighed and rolled her eyes as Louis waltzed away, longing for peace and quiet alone with Clementine. She carefully moved her body close enough to her girlfriend's so heat between them radiated quickly. Cupping her hand around Clem's cheek, Violet leaned in slowly and pressed her lips gently against the brunette's. Clementine didn't hesitate to reciprocate the kiss, sliding her hand down Violet's curvaceous body.

When the two girls pulled away, they couldn't wait until nightfall so they could enter this world of theirs all over again. "Guess we better get up now," Violet stated disappointedly.

Clem pulled her in for one more kiss, making it last as long as possible. "Now we can go," she said with a soft smile painting her face.

~~~

"Alright, Lou, are we ready to go?" Violet inquired, standing next to Clementine as they awaited the hike. She linked her hand with Clem's, offering a warm smile.

"We, uh, may have come a little more unprepared than planned. Marlon drove into town to pick up the supplies, so, I guess do whatever you desire until he's back," Louis replied, sauntering his way toward Mitch and Sophie. Brody was still knocked out in her tent, possibly just trying to sleep the trip away.

"Any ideas?" the blonde questioned.

"Some," Clem responded with a sensuous stare into her girlfriend's green irises, "but how about for now we go on a walk."

"You're the boss."

"Actually, I know something even better we can do," Clem remarked, waltzing over to one of their bags and reeling out a pocket knife. When she was once by Violet's side again, Vi plastered a bemused look toward her girlfriend. "That's uh.. kinky?" she teased.