𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡

summary:
when the two most wealthiest families in england force their two youngest children to marry

summary:when the two most wealthiest families in england force their two youngest children to marry

~~

" miss l/n?" my maid mariah knocked on the door, opening it after i said come in. she smiled as she saw me laying on my bed as usual, mariah was my best friend most of the time. even though i was 17 and she was only 24.

" oh mariah, you don't have to call me that " i said to her.

" i know, but your parents were downstairs and you know how they feel about that" she told me, putting down the tray of a fruit salad in front of me.

" thank you" i smiled, she nodded her head and went to leave. " mariah?" i called out just before she reached the door knob, " can you please stay?"

" alright, but not for long" she said, lifting up her dress and sitting on the bed. " you know i accidentally overheard your parents say they need to talk to you about something important."

my eyebrows raised as i was eating a strawberry, " did you hear what they were talking about?"

mariah moved in a bit closer to whisper it to me, " something about the van dijk family." i dropped my strawberry i was about to eat, causing her to giggle.

i loved the family but one person just annoyed the fuck out of me, cause he broke my phone that had shawn mendes' signature on it. mum and dad have been the high top business people in england for 4 years straight and they knew shawn's parents personally so i still got him to sign it again.

" y/n?" mariah snapped her fingers to snap me out of my thoughts, " yeah?" i said.

" your mother and father called you downstairs" she got up and opened the door for me, making me stand up to walk downstairs.

it takes a pretty long time to walk through my stairs, but my heart stopped when i could see the downstairs. ruel and his family were there, sitting on chairs in the dining room.

" y/n darling?" mother called out as she heard me walking down the last few stairs. i walked through the dining room walls as in the corner of my eye i could see ruel's gaze towards me, a chair was in between coco and sylvie so i decided to sit there. it also sucked cause i was facing ruel, so it will be awkward since i usually look forward.

" hi!" they both smiled, hugging me at each time. us three girls were very close friends and we always hang out when we're free, " hey" i sighed at ruel.

he nodded and fake smiled, hiding something. kate rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue as she saw ruel on his phone. she nudged him as he saw all of us staring at him.

" hi sweetheart" kate waved to me, causing me to wave back at her to be polite. mum and her were also very close friends ever since primary school, that's why the van dijk's basically live here not in their nineteen million dollar home.

" so some of us know why we are here today and some of us do not" mother said, raising her voice since she was on the other side of the long table. we looked at each other if we knew the news but none of us except for the adults do know.

" since we both families are well known in the business industry, we don't trust a lot of people. since whenever you marry someone your money can also be taken by them, and 2 of us here will have to do it." kate added on, our eyes widening.

" i mean, coco and i already have boyfr-" sylvie stopped before realising and looking in between ruel and i,
" oh shit" she said under her breath.

ruel and i looked at each other as we realised too, " i am definitely not marrying him!" i told my parents.

" y/n's only 17 and i'm 18!" ruel helped to lighten the " marriage" thing.

" i have a boyfriend!"

" i have a girlfriend!"

we both yelled at the same time, remembering them. everyones eyes looked towards me cause they already knew ruel had a secret girlfriend that no one knew who it was but me.

" you have a boyfriend?" father asked, causing me to nod.

" who?" mother looked me raising a brow.

" can i tell coco and sylvie only?" i asked them, making them nod and turing towards kate and ralph.

i whispered to them as their jaws dropped, " damn" coco laughed.
" wow i didn't expect that" sylvie joined in aswell, knowing that they knew the boy.

" who was it?" my mother asked coco, who looked me for permission to say it. ruel snickered as he knew what she was gonna say. she smirked at her parents also before saying the three words,
" ruel's dating y/n."

their jaws dropped the same as coco and sylvie's when i told them, i smiled at ruel as he did the same.

" but i'm not marrying him that quick though" i said, causing kate to laugh.
" oh no sweetheart you don't have to until you guys are ready."

~~~~

" did you already know that i was dating ruel?" i asked mariah as she was smirking while sitting on my bed.

" do you know how many times i have walked on you two cuddling while you hopless romantics were passed out sleeping?" she said.

" ohhhh that's how the tv turns off every time we do that" i realised, causing mariah to put a hand on her hip.

" who did you think it was then?" she raised her brows,
" i thought it was ruel just joking around with me"