Chapter 1

The forest was quiet as you lay in wait for your prey, masking your presence up in the treetops as you had been trained to do. The reward on this ones head was bigger than any youd ever accepted before. 50 thousend gold peices for one dead body and no questions asked. You are an assassin, trained to kill instantly without remorse since age 10. Many men and women had met their end at your hands in the few short years your teacher had been assigning you cases. That was the price you paid, you killed them so your teacher wouldn't do worse to you. You shiver as you remember the first time he had sent you on a mission and you had returned empty handed, the pain he had inflicted upon you and your sister. the sound of light footsteps on the forest floor breaks you from your thoughts.  You sneak a peek between the branches, two people walked through the forest at an easy pace both were young and healthy. One is the blonde boy you had been sent after, around 20 years of age with a small scar over his left eyebrow. The other you dont recognise but you quickly note the sword hanging at his belt.

You move around on the tree branch and look down at them, waiting for them to pass below you. It wouldnt be possible to jump down and kill the man without being caught now that he's being accompanied. The buyer hadnt said anything about a gurd, though with a price of 50 thousand you should have expected it. You were a good 10 meters off the ground when they pass below you, the thick tree branch makes no sound as your feet moved over its bark to reposition yourself ahead of them again.  You pull the string back and take aim at the blond guy. Your hand quivers as you hold the tight string, you had a bad feeling about this. You wonder briefly why someone would want the blond dead, but you shake the thought quickly. In this line of work, thoughts like that got people killed every day. you focus back on you task by shutting down your emotions and only letting one thought into your mind. Killing the blonde.

Your fingers release the arrow, the string snapping back into place while the arrow sliced through the air. The blond shouts out as the arrow hits his shoulder with such a force that he falls backwards. You are immediately reaching for another arrow, knowing the first had missed its mark. the other guy was suddenly looking up at you with a sword drawn. His lips curl back as his arm swings, his sword flying towards you before you have a chance to notch anotger arrow.

You relax your legs instinctively, dropping from the tree as the sword passes overhead. You were falling from the tree now but thats better than being dead. You try to roll to absorb the impact of such a big fall but your feet still sting when you turn to face the brunette. He was a good shot and would have lodged the sword in your skull had you not moved. You get the arrow into place and stand up to aim again but something huge jumps out at you from the bushes on your right and your forced to block the blow with your bow. Another one of them, you silently curse. If this one is even half as skilled as the brunette you might need to retreat.

Thankfully you find he isnt as skilled as his first strike aims for your head and leaves him wide open. In seconds you have a throwing knife in hand, taking the optunity to make a deep cut on the mans side.  The brunette appears before you can do further damage and your forced to block with your throwing knife, your wrist and fingers aching with the effort.  He moved swiftly and easily. Every stroke was powerful and his eyes blazed with a panic that you yourself were starting to feel. Your back hits a tree and you scramble for balance, you couldnt keep it going against this one for much longer. The brunette stands in front of you in a defensive stance, his legs spread shoulder width and the hilt of his sword in both hands. Hes prepairing for a thrust, you feel it in your gut. Your throwing knife wouldnt be enough to block the blow, and you couldnt reach your short sword fast enough.

you jumped to the side seconds before the blade hits the tree behind you, the landing is rough since you were just trying to get out of the way fast enough so it takes you a second to move again.  You leap through a bush and onto the path, hearing two voices yelling behind you. The blonde guy you had been sent to kill sat in the middle of the path, blood seeping between his fingers. "You must take the shot!" Your teachers voice screams in the back of your mind and your body is reacting before your mind, trying to pull up the bow and release one deadly arrow at the blonde. When the bow doesn't come up you look back, seeing it tangled in a bush you curse loudly and let go, dogding a swing from the brunette who had been right behind you.

You still have a chance, you think as you pull out throwing knifes from your belt, making sure to dodge the swift swings of the brunettes sword. You lunge as you see your opening, taking three steps around him before letting loose one of the knives. Should have done it earlier, you think as his sword cuts into your hip makeing you stumble. You jerk backwards as the cut stings, and the brunette moves to stand between you and the blonde one, panting with his hand on the bleeding hilt of your knife in his stomach.. You weren't going to lose, you move back as he thrashes out again, whistling loudly as he does so. That must be the signal for back up, you need to finish this now.

You quickly throw a kife at his neck but it hit his arm, slipping through flesh and cutting off the whistle. It was too late though, someone emerged from the trees to your left. Then one from your right. A twig snaps behind you and you hear the sound if a sword sliceing through the air towards you. You dodge away as quickly as you can but your shoulder soon stings with a fresh cut. There were now five people around you, 4 looking equally pissed while one sat on the ground holding his wounded shoulder. The other 4 lifted their blades menacingly. Bring it you think, digging your heels into the ground and reaching for your own sword.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------