Chapter 11

Blake and Jorden glare at you, their faces shadowed in the low light making them look more dangerous.  You look up from the bound figures that lay on the ground when the sound of hooves became a low rumble, then a small group of 3 riders skidded into the clearing. The horses let out a cry into the early morning, sensing danger the riders weren’t aware of. A pair of assassins were with you, one on the left, and one on the right. Just in case things didn’t go as planned. One of the men pushed his horse foreword, closer to the five boys tied up in rope.

“whats your price?!” the guy commanded into the trees.  Ved shoves you forward, ignoring your death glare you send at him. You walk into the clearing, bow hanging over your back, arrows in their holder, waiting for their use.

“we want prince carnel” you say, your voice low and cutting, making you seem more dangerous. Your eyes lock onto the mans eyes, which were narrowed in hatred.

“anything, but the prince” he says shaking his head and growling, his horse moving nervously under him, ears swiveling.

“so you would offer the king?” you ask, a cold smile playing on your lips. an emotion starts to invade your mind and you squash it quickly,now is not the time for things like that.

“of coarse not” the man sneers at you. You hear ved snarl something behind you but you ignore him, not wanting to listen.

“its prince carnel, or prince Blake and his friends, brother for brother.” You say, the cold smile still on your lips. Your fingers move over the smooth wood of your bow. The man seems torn, he wasn’t allowed to let either of the princes die, obviously.

“give us prince Blake and we will not pursue you” the man says calmly. you let out a dark humorless chuckle and say.

“your trying to reason with me? Hows this for reason?” I pull on one of the arrows and the bow from my back, and in less than a second the string was drawn back.  the arrow leaps from its place behind my fingertip, sending the arrow towards the guys. Someone cried out in pain but you didn’t look at them to acknowledge the victim, afraid you might break.

“the next goes in someones head” you threaten, being very careful to keep your voice steady and low.

The only problem was you didn’t really want to kill them. They entertained you. Weather it was with their fearless glaring or the nasty comments they seemed to throw whenever they got the chance, snarling things that made you nearly smile. Nearly. It was like you were a dog and they were cats, hissing at you and lashing out when they get the chance, yet, in a fight you would win without even trying too hard. But you still didn’t want to kill them.

“calm down, we can talk about this!” the man says genitally, now aware you would push more forcefully then he had prepared for.

“im calm” you say, emotionless, your fingers itching for the feel of another arrow. He seemed to be debating something so you wait patently, amusing yourself with watching his changing expression. He seems to come to some sort of decision and turns to one of his men, opening his mouth to say something. The sound of a bow string snapping back into place and an arrow slicing thought the air echo’s throughout the clearing. The leader of the group looks at the man he had been about to speak to, seeing an arrow in the mans chest. He looks towards you and you glance at your bow in confusion, for a moment thinking that you had loosed another arrow. You turn and look at ved who stood beside you, a twisted smile on his lips.

“no one living will deliver this message” he smirks, his eyes filled with dark amusement.

“what are you doing?!” you hiss at him, not knowing this was a part of the plan.

“put him on his horse. Im sure it knows its way back to the stable” he says, ignoring you. One of them hesitated before climbing off his own horse and turning to the fallen man, watching ved with his bow. When the dead man is placed on the startled horses back the horse moves away, uneasy, wanting to leave. You almost don’t see the parchment -which had been stabbed by the arrow, pinning it to the mans chest- before the horse bolted into the trees

Ved then lifts his bow and arrow, leveling the arrow tip with another mans chest. Before he could release the string you push the bow to the side, navigating the arrow into the earth, away from the mans body.

“no ved, only the prince remember” you remind him, locking your eyes with his, ice running through your veins as you make sure not to show the fear raging inside you.

“you shot me!!” ash’s accusing voice shouts from behind you, you ignore his comment and keep your eyes on ved. Ved stares at you for a long hard minute before looking away, then before you had time to react, he pushed you back. Hard enough to make you stumble but not hard enough to make you fall. By the time you recover your footing and start to lurch towards him, looking to deflect the bow from its target, the last two men lay on the ground. dead.

you stand there, looking at the dead men until Ved shoves you towards the guys, still laying in a pile on the muddy ground.

“we don’t want him to bleed to death. No, that would be to easy a death for him. Go tend to his wounds like a good little maiden.” He says calmly, a sense of amusement in his voice though it was still cold. You glare at him, refusing to do such a thing with that type of command but ved doesn't even look at you as he raises the bow, another arrow notched onto the string, ready to be shot. The point hovers in the air in your direction. Anger burns in you as you walk to the guys, glowering rage. If they weren’t careful you might end up killing them, the things that amused you so much.

Ash grunted as you tightened the bandage around his leg, pulling the fabric tighter to restrict blood flow. I could see ved walking impatiently from one spot to another, his eyes always shifting.

“what are you doing?” hisses Blake “you cant kill my brother!” Ash tries to keep the uncomfortabeness from his face as Blake leaned forward and press on his new burn mark that scared his leg.

“im not going to kill him” you say glancing at Blake before tugging at the fabric on ash’s leg again. “ved is” you say calmly. Blake snarled at that.

“you cant kill him, he's next in line to the throne.” You turn and look at Blake then, still crouched on the ground.

“you should be happy he’s going to be killed, then you get the throne” you point out emotionless.

“yeah, but then you’ll kill Blake” Jordan grunts from behind you. you open your mouth to make a snapping retort but ved calls out from behind you.

“reevon” ved calls, his voice icy. You look at him to see he’s watching the trees. Then you hear the sound of horses. You make your way over to ved who throws your bow at you and motions for you to go to the trees. You do this gladly, moving into the shadows and position yourself where you can see ved and the new men. The slightest movements brings your eyes sideways were you see Alicline, one of the other assassins pulling the string of her bow back and aiming at the new arrivals. You look to find the other assassin, and see him doing the same. Then you realize, that they will never trade the guys.

 At least not if their alive.

-----------------

A/N

O.O whats gonna happen~~~? i will never let you know! mwahahaha!!!  comment on what you think of the story so far please, love you all!