Chapter 7

You carefully sit up in the bed and look around, a feeling of unease filling you. You were back in your room, white walls, brown wooden floor, light wooden dresser and emerald colored curtains. Suddenly the door opens. Cameroll walked into the room carrying a tray. He set it down on the bedside table.

“Lunch is ready” he paused and looked at you. He seemed to be debating something

“Your name is ___, right?” you nod your head at him.

Cameroll nods and sits down on the edge of the bed.

“I herd you were beat up pretty bad” even though there was no amusement in his voice you still felt offended. You did not get beat up ‘pretty badly’ it was nothing more than a twisted wrist and the tiniest of cuts on your neck which didn’t even bleed.

“If you’re here to laugh, then get it over with and get out.” You narrow your eyes on him. He smiles and lifts his hands in defense.

“Only thought you could use some company” you watch the slave wondering why he was in such a position.

“Don’t you have work to do?” he shakes his head and grins.

“Nah, I know how to get out from time-to-time”

You smile slightly and relax.

“Cameroll. That’s a strange name… and it doesn’t suit you” you say looking at the sheets. Cameroll laughs slightly

“Then call me cam, everyone else does.” Before you could ask who ‘everyone’ was someone shouted cams name in the hallway

“In here!” cam shouts towards the door. The door swings open and a head pops into the doorway

“There you are. The guys want to know where we’re meeting. Your choice remember-what are you doing?” Jorden’s eyes flicks to you and then back to camp.

Cam thinks for a while then glances at you.

“I’m talking to the babe and how about here?” you look at cam like he said dogs come from mars. So did Jorden

“I guess we could but…” Jorden trailed off. Cam raised his shoulders and grinned.

“Here. My choice!” Jorden growled and rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, fine, whatever” he then walked out of the room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                Jordans P.O.V.

I shut the door and looked down the hallway. Why in the assassins room? I would rather him have picked the stupid horse stables. I didn’t like being with her. Every second it seemed like she was about to attack, even if she was just examining someone, watching or even if she was just shifting into a more comfortable position.

But the worst part was when she didn’t move, when she went completely still, her eyes fixed on one thing. And it was also annoying she didn’t show any emotions. Shes just impassive, just staring at you with a blank face. The only emotions I have ever seen were anger, annoyance and playfulness, all of which was only when she wanted us to see it.

“Find him?” ash asks as I walk down the corridor towards the stable hand and the prince. I stop in front of them and nod.

“Yeah. He wants to meet in the assassin’s room.” I say trying to keep the annoyance from my voice. We could all get slaughtered because of him. If we’re lucky she will only gut us before killing us instead of torturing us and laughing darkly as she cuts into our flesh.