Chapter 22

You freeze. You were being kissed, Jorden’s soft but firm lips pressed to yours. he moves his lips against yours and you stay frozen, not sure what to do. that warm feeling flooding through your body as jorden pulls you closer and his fingers trail over your cheek, leaving goosebumps behind. you try to think through the weird fuzziness that was taking over you brain, and with difficulty you assess your options.

 you could let him kiss you and keep this feeling, said feeling that was now spreading to the rest of your body, making your fingers tremble and your toes tingle.  or you could stop him and-you feel something very warm and slightly rough move over your bottom lip. you gasp at the warmth it sends through you and jorden moves his hand down, to rest on your hip, pulling you closer.  Panicking, you pushed yourself away from jordens flat chest.

“I’m sorry” you mumble breathlessly and stumble towards the edge of the water. You can hear your name being called but you don’t turn around, instead you pull yourself out of the water, clothes clinging to your skin and weighing 10 times what they had earlier. You stumble up the side of the bank until you are at the top of the waterfall.

You grab your clothes and start on your way back towards the castle, breathing heavy as you fall over a root in your rush to get away.  You pull yourself up and walk fast in the direction of the castle, refusing to let yourself think about what just happened.

When you get near the castles garden you pause and quickly get dressed, not caring that your shirt was getting soaked. With that you start moving again, weaving around the blooming plants.  Luckily it’s still early and only a few people are scurrying around. With a bit of a back tracking and sneaking around you aren’t seen by anyone. You close your door roughly and give out a sound of distress. You slide down the door and sit down on the ground for a few minutes. Thoughts of Jorden running through your head.

The way he made you smile, or at least want to smile. The beautiful place he took you to, the lovely birds that danced with each other. When he went over the cliff, the sun hitting his exposed chest. When he kissed you, the feel of his lips against yours, and that warm rough thing... that must have been his tongue. You stand up quickly and notice your hands shaking, it’s just from the cold… you tell yourself walking into the wash room which was a small room off to the side.

You strip your clothes and toss them into a weaved basket in the corner before finding some dry clothes to change into. Just as you finish putting your shirt on the door opens and someone walking in.

“Oh! Sorry! I didn’t know you were in here!” the maid apologizes. “I’ll come back later”

“No, its fine, I was just leaving” you say fixing your shirt and walking around her. You pause at the door and look back at the maid who had wondered over to the bed to change the sheets.

“Has breakfast started yet?” you ask her.

“It has milady” the girl says giving you a small nod.

“Perfect” you smile at her before exiting the room.

The dining room was full of noise, people talking over one another, people discussing their days work, spreading rumors they had heard and giggles about things that happened yesterday. You grab a loaf of bread from one of the servants walking in with a tray, you debate going to breakfast but decide that you would rather not talk, so you head outside.

Praying that Ash wasn’t in the stables you hurry in and have a look around. You spot demond who was brushing a horse’s flank with brittle horse brush.

“Demond” you say wondering over to the lanky boy.

“Would it be okay if I borrow one of these horses?” you say, motioning towards the stable stalls with horses standing patiently in them.  The boy hesitates but nods, motioning to the horse he had just finished grooming before saying he’s going to get the tack. (Horse saddle and bridle)

It wasn’t long before the horse was saddled and you climbed on its back, taking another glance at demond before pressing you thighs into the horse’s side. The horse instantly moves forward, tossing its head as it gets to the open ground.

You drive the horse faster, pointing in the direction of the rising sun. You need advice, and you knew of only one person who owed you at least that much.

-------------

A/N

well, this one is almost over im thinking 3 or 4 more chapters till i end this so thanks for read ing and thanks for the votes!!