Chapter 6

You turn around slowly, your hand going to the swords hilt.

“What do you want?” you snarl at him. He gives you a mocking sneer.

“Charming as always I see.” Ved says smirking at me.

“That doesn’t answer my question.” Your sword slips free of its place and hangs in your hand loosely, vertical to the ground. He grins,

“You gonna help me are you?” he says mockingly and goes to step around you. That’s when you made the biggest mistake of your life. In one fluid motion you lift your sword to his chest, letting the tip come to rest on the tunic’s fabric lightly. He looks down and when his eyes meet yours again their filled with a dark, dangerous glint. It was almost existed, thrilled.

“You little traitor” ved narrows his eyes at you.

“Leave ved.” You say trying to make your voice firm. Ved snarls at you and lifts his hand, his fingers tipping the blade away from his chest.

“Don’t talk down to me, armature” he spits, then in a movement you barley saw he pulled his sword from its hilt and lugged at you. The blades clash loudly and you force yourself to be unfazed.

Your blades slip apart and ved lunges again. You step away but glare as the blade cuts the edge of your tunic, barley missing your skin. The tunic flares and sways as you move, carful to stay away from veds blade, unfortunately that leaves you on the defense and not the offense. Ved suddenly spins around and you find the blade to your neck, the cool metal pressing into your skin. You stare at ved, your blade still in your hands which were shaking with adrenaline. If ved saw this he didn’t care. He stepped forward and twisted your wrists making the sword fall from your hands as you tried to jerk away.

Ved grabs a handful of hair and forces you to your knees painfully.
“I should have killed you the first time” he growls in your ear. Anger builds inside you at the thought. Ved had killed your parents but he hadn’t killed you, he wasn’t asked to. Instead he took you and your little sister back to the camp and they trained you. You ignore him pulling on your hair and looked up at him, anger burning in your eyes. Ved didn’t seem to care. He positioned the blade over your throat, giving you a cold look as you just stare back. You hardly notice the other assassins moving in, already holding back the guards.

“Any last words? He asks darkly.

“Amoor” you mutter angrily. He cocks his head to the side. This time you snarl “amoor!” you then jerk back and shove him away, your fist connecting with his face.

Ved glares at you

“How dare you” he snarls at you angrily. You just glare back at him.

“You can’t touch me and you know it” you snap at him coldly. Ved snarls and steps back towards the trees.

“You gonna get it____, someday” he backs up more, standing at the edge of the forest.

“Sekela or die ____, sekela or die.” Ved then melted into the shadows, making no sound as he left.  You left out a shaky breath an turn around. The other assassins melt away quickly, nothing but ghosts. The king looked flustered and not sure whether to sentence you to death or thank you, then his face hardened, he straightened and clenched his hands.

“What was that about?” the king asks while you look into the trees

“He’s an assassin.” You say watching for any sign of ved returning. You doubted it, but ved had done some crazy things before.

“And what was that?” the king ask. You look back at him, cocking you head to the side.

“To long to explain” you say walking towards the horses.

“But for now, I suggest again, that we leave.” You pull yourself onto your horse back and look down at them.  “But if you want we can always wait around for him to return”

The kind looks around then with a sigh and got on a horse of his own. The others followed, climbing on the four legged creatures. Jorden leans closer to you.

“If this is a trap, I’m going to kill you” you nod and turn your horse towards the castle, ignoring the feeling of regret in your stomach. You may have saved your own life but that meant others would die in your place.

“What does amoor mean?” Blake asks skeptically. You look at him

“It means untouchable” you lie. In truth it meant ‘another to my place' and sekela meant ‘5 for 1’

You needed 5 people to take your place, 5 others to be killed so you’ll live. You glanced ahead at the others, all their backs to you. Knowing ved, you had about 2 days for those 5 victims which you would more than likely have to get into the forest for him. Slowly a plan started to form in your head, one you hoped would work.

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

okay guys, this is the last chapter that i am going to put up unless i get some comments telling me to keep this story up :) hope you enjoyed and comment for me please?