Chapter 10

He comes uncomfortably close, the branders heat singeing your skin. Just when you thought he was going to actually do it, he stops and hands you the handle. You take it without hesitation, to show hesitation now would mean your death. You look at the end of the brander from the first time and realize it was a R and V stuck together. you glare at ved, realizing what he wants you to do.

“they're not mine” you snap at him. He smirked darkly and stepped forward.

“you chose them, your responsible for them. We all know whats going to happen to them” he paused, his smirk turning even more devilish. “ I have a letter to send. I expect you'll be done by the hour” he say walking out of the room.

you stand there for a long time staring at the burning end of the brander, almost unaware of ved leaving. conflicting emotions were raging inside you. you know what this mark would mean, and you were not sure that you were ready for the responsibility of the branding. not only that, but he wanted you to brand the guys, the people you had laughed and teased, and loosened up with not only two days ago.

The end had cooled by now, turning black again. You sigh and put the end back in the fire and wait for the thing to heat it up again. knowing that it was never a matter of choice with ved running things, you do it, or he kills you. its that simple.

“what are you going to do?” Jordan snarls at you. You pause thinking of the best emotion for this situation.

“branding the cows” you reply, smiling cruelly at him. No way they could know that this would save them if another assassin ran across them. instead of killing them the assassin would be forced to bring them back to you. but, you think, its better for them if they think the worst of me. You turn back to the fire, keeping the cruel look on your face.

“we arnt cows.” Jay snaps. you keep the cruel look on your face, not looking at them.

“your right.” You say grabbing the brander and twisting it in the fire once more before pulling it out and shakeing the loose coals from it. “cows don’t scream.” You then press the hot metal into his fleash of his expsode arm.

It was true, cows don’t scream.  But humans do… and, boy, did he scream.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N

sorry for the short one but kinda not feeling very creative :/