Chapter 5

You were shoved into a large ring, high wooden walls to stop you from escaping. A guy walked into the ring by a door on the other side. He was large and you instantly knew you were not going to beat him with strength. Other soldiers lined the walls, watching the fight from outside. The king nods his head towards you and the guy grins and raises his sword.

You ducked under his blow and step around him, your feet planting into the ground behind him. His brown dirty tunic flaring as he turns around. His sword ran vertically though the air and hit the dirt with a hard sound and small pieces of dirt sprayed up. You grab his shoulder and pull him down, your knee coming up into his stomach. You step away with your feet moving lightly over the ground, the guy doubled over in pain and after a bit of heavy breathing he straightened and turned to you again

The guy lashed out and you narrowly missed his blade, his strokes were too long with too much power meaning every time he swung he was leaving himself vulnerable. You waited till he was lunging again before sweeping in and hitting his elbow with your forearm as you stepped around him. It was almost a dance, a lethal dance, if he could fight properly it would have been lethal. The guy shouted out in pain as his arm slumped. You then swung your leg out and kicked him in the head, your foot clipping his temple. He fell to the floor in a heavy heap.

Emotionlessly you turn to the king and look up at him. He was standing at the wooden fence looking down into the arena with his son by his side. He opened his mouth then closed it again in amazement. He paused before speaking.

“Very good __, very good. I have decided to spare your life in exchange for your loyalty. I would like to see more of your fights later. You start training tomorrow. Blake, show her to a room” the king then walked away and his son, Blake, glared at you before walking towards a door to collect you. You already knew you weren’t staying here so making friends were unnecessary. Given the chance you would escape, given half a chance you would escape.

~~~Time skip~~~

You growl as you walk down the hallway, tugging at the red and black dress. You hated dresses, every little piece of them. You were muttering curses when you walked around the corner and nearly fell over. Someone grabbed your arm, stopping you from falling in your three inch heels.

“Sorry” a guy says bowing his head. Brown hair fell over his face covering him. “Please forgive me” he adds. you look at him for a minute, still not accustomed to being addressed like this.

“Your forgiven” you look down at him. He was wearing a simple slave’s outfit.

“Show me your face” you eye him trying to figure out who he was. The guy hesitate then lifts his head.

His eyes were blue and his face was smudged with dirt.

“What’s your name?” you ask.

“Cam-Cameroll” he says then squints as if to see you better. Then he growls to himself and stiffens. “And you’re the assassin?”

“I have a name” you snap narrowing your eyes. He sneers and shifts slightly

“If you’ll excuse me, I have work to do” he then pushes past you.  You roll your eyes at him and keep walking. You needed to talk to someone about these clothes. It would be too hard to escape in a dress, though you could do it if you had too. A few halls later and you came across Blake. He was talking to some soldier and the two were smiling.

“Hey Blake” you say stalking over. The soldier stiffens and turns to you, alert and ready to attack. He looked familiar, then you realized it was one of the guys you had fought the other day, along with the slave you just saw.