The funeral.

A/N: just pretend the timeline works yeah? Okay enjoy!

Peter stood in all black at Tony's funeral. It was a hot day out. All around him were people he would be fan girling over if it wasn't such a dire situation.

People around him seemed so sad. So depressed. Peter couldn't help feel the same.

At least he hadn't gotten close to Tony. Then it would be a lot harder. Yes, that was it. There relationship was strictly work. He worked with Tony.

I mean Tony would occasionally help Peter with homework. And girl problems. And friends. And bullies.... and he had had dinner with Tony's family, and he spent hours with Tony in the lab... but it was all work right?

It had to be. Because other wise this would hurt so much. It wasn't like Peter thought of Tony as his Dad or anything. It wasn't like that...

He was just... a real nice person. Yeah that was it. Tony was a real nice person. Who he definitely didn't see as a dad...

Peter got snapped out of his trance by a little girl tackling him in the legs. Morgan. She was crying.

"Petey daddy's gone! I don't want him gone! I want him back! I want daddy!" She was sobbing as Peter picked her up and hugged her tight.

And Peter had to hold himself from crying too. He couldn't pretend Tony wasn't his dad. He couldn't just forget 'family movie night' or tony insisting peter to send him pictures of his snow ball and homecoming dances. It was all too real.He wanted to sob with Morgan. But he had to stay strong. Some people looked over at him. Even Nick fury.

"I miss him too Morgs."

He could see Hawk eye looking at them, almost confused.

He and Morgan parted, and Peter picked her up in his arms to bring her inside the house. When he came back out from putting her to bed Hawk Eye approached him.

"Um, hi..." Peter said, as Hawk Eye stared at him for a moment.

" Oh, hey, Clint Barton, and you are..."

"Peter Parker sir."

" You can just call me Clint."

"Okay Mr. Clint."

Clint stared at him for a moment more, then suddenly said, "How did you know Tony?"

Peter looked everywhere but Clint, "Um its kinda complicated..."

"Everyone here knew Tony for complicated reasons. Trust me, I would know." Clint chuckled a bit, thinking about everything.

"I don't know how to explain it sir..."

"Do you work with him?"

Peter paused, "Yes."

"What position are you at SI?"

Peters official title was personal assistant, but that was mostly him eating food from the fridge and blowing things up with Tony.

"I guess I'm the personal assistant to Tony."

Clint raised his eyes, "He let you call him Tony?"

Peter smiled slightly at the memory, " More like begged me. He would get so frustrated when I called him Mr. Stark... I remember one time late at night I accidentally called him- never mind..."

Clint didn't push but asked, "Why were you with him late at night?"

Peter had revealed too much, "Did I say late at night I meant late after noon... Um why are you talking to me anyway? Shouldn't you be over there grieving our hero?"

Peter sounded slightly annoyed at the last part.

Clint didn't answer Peters question, "Why do you say it like that?"

"I dunno, Tony just had to be a good guy and sacrifice himself. He didn't even think about his family! Morgans crushed! She doesn't know where her dad went- Not to mention Pepper, or me-"

Peter took a breath, "Sorry... I know its not his fault but sometimes its easier to think it is, because then I'm not sad I'm just mad. I don't know why I'm telling you all of this..."

Clint smiled sadly, "You were really close to him."

Peter gave in, "He- he was like a dad to me. We had family movie night together, and he made a spare bedroom in to my bedroom for when I sleep over, and Morgan got me a big brother shirt and..." Peter let a tear slip.

"You're trying to stay strong for her. For both of them."

Peter nodded slightly.

"Its okay to be sad- Its okay to cry."

Peter let more and more tears slide down his face.

He hugged Clint, and even though he didn't know him, Clint hugged back.

"Thank you." Peter whispered, "Thank you."

Later my gators.