Voice mail from the deceased

A/N: I have like, kinda a few sad drafts that I'm thinking of posting but like here's one

Tony say down on the chair all micced.

"Ah, I haven't done something like this in a while." Tony laughed.

"So you've seen these videos before right?" A man behind the camera said.

Tony nodded.

"Your a bit different, because of your social status, so this video is kind of a first."

Tony smiled, "I'm always up for trying new things."

"Do you know why your here today?" The man behind the camera asked.

"No I do not." Tony said.

"Today we're looking at last voicemails from the deceased. Do you have anything like that?"

Tony smiled, a bit sadly this time, "One too many, unfortunately..."

"What's the most recent?"

"Let's see if I can find it."

Tony pulled out his Stark phone, flashed a smile, and said " By the way, you can get your new Stark phone Start ™ in stores now." Tony laughed s but after that and continued scoring through his phone.

"Ah here it is."

"Who is this from?" The camera man asked.

"This is from a kid named Peter."

"And who was he to you?"

"Uh, due to complicated circumstances I had shared custody with his aunt over him."

"Okay, can you play the voice mail?"

"Ah man I haven't listened to this in a long time." Tony hit play.

"Hey Dad, movie night is on Friday right? I have the new star wars movie if we want to see that. Okay call me back when you get this. Don't do anything stupid, love ya bye."

Tony had to admit, that really hurt to listen to again. Tears threatened at Tony's eyes.

"Do you need a minute?"

" No no I'm fine."

Tony paused a second.

"It really hurts sometimes. He was just a kid." Tony breathed.

The camera man stayed silent, giving Tony a minute anyway.

" Whew.  Okay, I'm good."

"So what's the context of that?" The camera man asked.

"Um, well me Peter and Pepper always had movie night on Friday. I think it was Peters turn to choose a movie and he really liked the star wars movies... Um, basically right after that call, he got a cab, and started heading home, and... Well, the car crashed and he, he died minutes later."

"Any words of wisdom?"

"Spend time with the people you love. If your not 'there yet' get there, because... You never know what could happen. You never know."

"Thank you." The camera man said.

"Anytime." Tony said, snapping out of his trance.

He left the studio, got into his car, and took a breath.

He listened to the recording one last time,

"Hey Dad, movie night is on Friday right? I have the new star wars movie if we want to see that. Okay call me back when you get this. Don't do anything stupid, love ya bye."

Tony hit his head against the top of the steering wheel, and started crying. He thought he had recovered, he thought the hurt was over, but maybe it would never be over. Maybe it would always be there somewhere.