the Spirit of Peter Parker pt 3

A/N: I recommend listening to dead hearts by Star while reading this.

~~

Previously: MJ was still crying, hugging Peter, "I missed you. I missed you so much."

Peter hugged her back, "I missed you too MJ. I missed you both, so much."

For a few minutes, Peter stood in shock, in happiness, but slowly a question came to the back of his head. Why could they see him?

~~

Can you guys really see me?

"Can you guys really see me?"

Ned and MJ nodded, " We can see you Peter. We can see you... What... Are you?"

Peter paused, "I'm dead. I'm a spirit. I have been ever since my soul was released at my funeral."

The conversation got quiet.

"So how can we see you?"

Peter shrugged, "No one's ever been able to see me. I... I don't know."

MJ smiled, "That doesn't matter right now. We can see you, and that's that. Let's enjoy it."

Peter nodded. They spent the day together, running around Stark Tower, enjoying each other's presence.

The class was sleeping over, so Ned and MJ left to their rooms as Peter went to his new room.

The next morning Peter hurriedly got up, and ran to see Mr. Stark.

He was sitting in the kitchen sipping coffee.

"Mr. Stark, sir, I just wanted to... Mr. Stark?"

Tony just kept sipping his coffee. He payed no attention to Peter. Almost as if he couldn't...

"Mr. Stark?! Can't you hear me?!"

Mr. Stark set down his coffee.

" I met a spirit yesterday. But how come I saw him... Where is he?" Tony said, muttered to himself.

Peter began to cry, "No, I'm right here Mr. Stark, I'm right here. Please, no, please see me."

Tony kept sipping his coffee.

Peter ran downstairs, until he found MJ and Ned.

"MJ, Ned!" Peter yelled. Neither of them noticed.

"Hey Ned, where's Peter?"

"No, no, no, no, no. Why can't they see- why can't they see me?! They saw me yesterday! Why can't they see me?!"

Peter ran out into the streets. A mixture of Spirits and people where roaming the streets.

He must have looked panicked because an older spirit came up to him, "Hey, are you okay?" Hey voice was soft and calm.

Peter shook his head, "They- they could see me yesterday- why can't they see me-"

The older spirits face softened, "Oh honey. Your loved ones can only see you on the date of your death. Only once a year."

Peter stared into the distance.

"But... What about Tony. I never met him... I don't think he was a loved one of mine and he could see me."

The Spirit thought for a moment, " Well on rare occasion, if you see someone who was supposed to be a big part of your life, on your death day they will be able to see you too. But it's very rare that a ghost meets someone like that."

Peter started crying, "I can't live another year without being noticed. I- I cant."

The Spirit rubbed Peters back, "It's okay hon. Your a young spirit, I can tell. Have you ever really gone out?"

Peter shook his head, "I- I don't know anyone else who's dead. Well, my parents but I don't know where they are.. they died when I was young."

"Mm. Well, over at the hospital, on the top floor they have a club, kind of a support group for teens who died, especially tends with no other dead family or friends that they know of. They meet every Wednesday and Friday, I can take you there."

Peter looked up at the lady, " But you don't know me..."

"Spirits have to help each other out. I'll meet you here this Friday at noon?"

Peter nodded, "Thank you. That, that really helps."

"No problem, hon. Oh and remember, they can still feel your presence of you wish it." The lady said as she walked off.

Peter sighed. He could make peace with being dead.

He walked back in and saw MJ and Ned leaving.

"I'll see you guys next year. I promise." Peter said, smiling at MJ and Ned.

MJ smiled, "I don't know why... But I just feel like we're going to see him again."

Ned smiled, "We will. Peter will find a way."

Peter smiled. Maybe people did notice him, just not in the way he thought.

A/N: That's the end :) Maybe every now and then I'll write another one shot, as a part of this series. I was inspired by the song 'dead hearts' by Star.

Later my Gators 🐊