Chapter 18

Stand by... That's what Kagaya told me but isn't one week too much? Shinobu is coming back already. What have I even done during that time? Let me think...

Training with Tengen and Gyoumei. Teaching Bell how to wield katana and asked Jigoro for help. I've read a couple of books from Shinobu's room. What else...

Isn't that it? That's all I have done in this past week! Such a boring lifestyle I have...

I was now staying hidden and looked at Bell who was trying to hide herself from me. We were training on the mountain where I trained since I was familiar with this place more than others.

I had Bell run around the mountain while I chased after her. There were also traps laid around the mountain but not deadly. This was meant for Bell to learn the Breathing Technique. Just like I had to.

This is an easier training method of Jigoro's training method that I created. I'm not that cruel as Jigoro after all. If that old man wanted to give the same training method for Bell, I would have destroyed that cane of his...

"There, I caught you~." I said cheerfully and lifted Bell from her armpits. She pouted and swung her legs in the air slowly.

"Unfair..." Bell said quietly.

"What is?" I asked and set Bell down. She kicked a nearby rock away and was still pouting. If I say she looks cute, she will get angrier for sure...

"You always catch me in the last minute..." Bell said while still kicking nearby rocks.

"Maa maa. If you learn to send oxygen around your whole body, then you will be much faster than you are now." I told her and went to grab two wooden katanas. I gave one to Bell and took a good distance between the two of us.

"Next is sparring. Get ready." I told Bell and raised my wooden katana. She didn't get into a stance and was still pouting.

"Bell, if you don't want to do this, you can always tell me. I'm not forcing you to do this." I told Bell and she quickly shook her head.

"No! It's not because of that!" she shouted at me. I was surprised by the sudden shouting.

I lowered my wooden katana and went to sit on a log. Next to me was another log and I gestured Bell to sit on it. She sat next to me and looked down sadly.

"Is something wrong?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Do you want to talk about it then?" I continued. I didn't hear nor see Bell doing anything, so I waited.

"...I don't like how weak I am..." she said sadly. I patted her head and she looked at me.

"You are not weak. I can tell you that at least." I told Bell with a smile. But then it changed into a smirk.

"And I have trained much more than you have. Of course, you can't beat me yet." I ruffled her hair and went back to where I stood. I raised my wooden katana.

"Back to sparring?" I asked and Bell nodded. 

=====

"So the trick in the Thunder Breathing is to feel the energy inside you. After that, learning all the styles is easy." I told Bell who was breathing oxygen inside her and trying to do the Thunderclap and Flash.

Bell looked like she was struggling and couldn't summon any energy from herself. I waited for a few minutes until she gave up.

"I can't do it..." she told me. I chuckled a little and gestured her to come close to me. She did as I asked her and stood in front of me.