Chapter 24

"Rengoku-san, hello." I greeted with a nod.

"Oh! If it isn't Kochou-kun. How have you been?" Kyoujurou asked me back with his never-changing smile.

"Tch. Another loud person." I heard the snake boy mutter.

It's true that Kyoujurou is a loud person, and I hate loud people, but he is a nice guy so I don't mind him at all.

"Good, I guess." I answered him and gave a small glare at the snake boy. He saw me glaring at him and ignored me completely.

"That's great. But who would have thought that we were going to work together." Kyoujurou said with a laugh. I could see the snake boy getting annoyed by Kyoujurou's loud voice and couldn't help but smirk in satisfaction.

"And I believe this is our first time meeting." Kyoujurou looked at the snake boy who didn't even try to look back.

"My name is Rengoku Kyoujurou, I hope we get along as demon slayers." Kyoujurou introduced himself and raised his hand for a handshake.

The snake boy tensed up a bit and turned to look at Kyoujurou. His eyes traveled mostly on Kyoujurou's face and head.

"...Iguro. Iguro Obanai." Obanai introduced himself too but didn't shake Kyoujurou's hand. Kyoujurou didn't seem to mind and laughed it off.

"Nice to meet you, Iguro-kun." Kyoujurou then looked at my way and gestured me to introduce myself.

"...I already introduced myself." I told him with a forced smile.

"Did you? I forgot." Obanai muttered loudly enough for both of us to hear.

"Oi! I know that you are doing that on purpose!" I shouted and pointed at Obanai with a glare. He didn't say anything back and ignored me again.

I felt my eyebrow twitch and started to chuckle like a madman. My hand slowly went to the hilt of my katana and I drew it out slowly.

Kyoujurou knew what I was doing and stopped me by holding me still before I could slash the snake boy into pieces. Unfortunately, I couldn't take out my katana fast enough.

"Rengoku-san! Let me go! I'm cutting him into sashimi!" I shouted while flailing my arms around. Since Kyoujurou was taller than me, my legs were in the air also flailing around.

I could hear Obanai snicker at my actions and it made me angrier towards him.

"Calm down, Kochou-kun. I'm pretty sure Iguro-kun doesn't really mean it." Kyoujurou told me. I stopped my wild rampaging and took a few deep breaths to calm down.

After calming down a little bit, Kyoujurou let me go but was still prepared to stop me again.

"Hmph!" I crossed my hands and decided to ignore Obanai for now. I could hear Kyoujurou laugh at my reaction a little bit.

=====

...

...

...

An awkward silence was between the three of us. Kyoujurou was troubled what to do and looked between Obanai and me. Both of us not wanting to look at each other in the face.

The three of us had found a stand where we all could sit down and talk about our mission but since the current mood is like this, none of us spoke.

"Excuse me! Can I have a bowl of udon!?" Kyoujurou raised his hand towards the owner of the stand.

"Comin'!" the owner shouted back. Obanai and I stared at Kyoujurou who smiled in confusion.