Chapter 23

"Me? Just a Hashira passing by." I stared at Sabito's back with my eyes a little bit wide in surprise. I hadn't expected him or anybody to save me at all.

I glanced at Ongyo-Ki who was glaring at Sabito and gritting his teeth. His three clones were doing the same thing as well.

The original Ongyo-Ki's arms were regenerating by now but, fortunately, there were only three spears and not four. So he had to fight without one or take one from his clones.

I stood up from my spot where Sabito set me and looked at him with a grin. His face was a bit flushed as he didn't dare to look back at me.

"Are you trying to imitate me?" I asked and he still didn't dare to look at me.

"No... I used a different word and said it differently." he told me and I chuckled a bit. He isn't wrong but I found his excuse a bit funny.

"Thanks for saving me." I hit Sabito's shoulder playfully and prepared to fight against four Ongyo-Kis. This time, with Sabito by my side. He glanced at me a little bit and let out a small smile.

"Anytime." I heard Sabito mutter.

"You... YOU! I was so close to killing that kozo but you had to come in my way!" Ongyo-Ki whined and stomped the ground a few times. His lost arms were back and he clenched them tightly a few times.

Sabito didn't say anything back and frowned a bit. Before I could say anything, he dashed towards Ongyo-Kis. His speed was impressive and I could see how much Sabito had trained to achieve it.

But this tactic reminds me of our sparring. I'm sure that Sabito has learned his mistake and improved greatly but I can't help and be worried.

Before Sabito could reach Ongyo-Kis first, I shot out Distant Thunder and activated God Speed at a fast pace. I moved to Ongyo-Kis' behind and shot out another Distant Thunder to trap them in the middle.

The original Ongyo-Ki saw my plan and sacrificed two of his clones. The two clones were hit by my attacks and disappeared slowly away.

So they have a limit on how much damage they can take. Interesting.

I looked over Ongyo-Ki and saw Sabito using my attacks as distractions to take out the final clone. His and the clone's weapons clashed with each other and they both started to have a power contest.

I quickly joined with Sabito and took the original as my opponent so he wouldn't double team Sabito.

Ongyo-Ki saw me coming towards him and swung his heavy spear at me. I deflected it with the least amount of energy and counter-attacked him with Lightning Ball.

My slashes were faster and stronger since last time we met and I finally cut his limbs off. Ongyo-Ki backed away in panic but he had forgotten about his clone and accidentally hit the clone. This gave Sabito a chance to kill the clone.

We had Ongyo-Ki completely trapped the moment I moved behind him. He could use his Blood Demon Technique to run away or use the bushes for his escape, but I'm not kind enough to let him do those.

With Ongyo-Ki completely defenseless, I walked towards him with my guard still up. Sabito had his katana next to Ongyo-Ki's neck and ready to cut him down.

"Who would have thought that I lost to you two..." Ongyo-Ki said with a frown. He sat properly and held his head up for me to see his neck.

"Do it. I'm prepared for this." Ongyo-Ki told us. I couldn't feel any lies from his tone and Sabito even seemed to believe him. I couldn't help but smile at his actions.