Chapter 25

"Kochou-kun, can we talk for a bit?" Kyoujurou asked me with his usual smile but his eyes didn't match with his smile which made me tense up a little bit.

...

Am I in trouble? Did I do something bad? Did he find out that I tried to smack Obanai down during that time!?

"...Sure." with a nervous smile I nodded. Kyoujurou seemed to notice my nervousness and laughed.

"Don't worry, you aren't in any trouble." he waved his hand as if affirming that I wasn't in any trouble.

"But..." and his eyes glinted once more dangerously.

"I wanted to know if what you said there was true." he told me. I mentally sighed in relief that it wasn't anything serious.

"Ah, so you did hear me." I said with a chuckle while scratching my head. Kyoujurou didn't laugh or chuckle with me and kept staring at me. But he did keep that smile of his so everything is ok.

I think...

"Is it... a bad thing to think like this?" I asked with a small smile. I already knew it is a bad thing and a small part of me even agreed with it but I still wanted to support Kanae's thoughts.

And not all of the demons are evil. Nezuko and Tamayo are good examples.

And Yushiro? Meh

"In my opinion it is and I believe many in our organization also agree." Kyoujurou told me sternly. I didn't back away from his gaze and kept looking at him.

"I know. But no matter what anybody says, I won't change my mind. That's what I have decided for a long time." I told Kyoujurou with a smile.

"Even if you are killed by demons?" Kyoujurou asked me and I nodded.

"Yes. Even if I am killed by demons, I will not change my mind." I said with a tone that didn't have any hesitation. Kyoujurou was a little bit surprised by my answer and nodded with a smile that looked satisfied.

"Was that all you wanted to talk about?" I asked and Kyoujurou nodded one more time.

"Yeah, sorry for wasting your time." Kyoujurou apologized with a bow and I waved my hand at him.

"I don't mind at all. But if you really feel sorry then you can teach me the trick for Breath of Flames at one point." I told him with a grin.

"Of course! I will call you when I see the chance." Kyoujurou told me with a laugh. I could feel my ears hurting from Kyoujurou's laugh since I was nearby but held back the pain.

"I will go now. I hope we will see once again in the near future." Kyoujurou told me and turned around to leave.

"Yeah, see you." I waved at also turned around to leave from another route.

It took me a while to leave Asakusa but I finally found my way out and stretched my arms in a tired way. I could feel my bones pop here and there which was satisfying.

Time to go home. I wonder if there's anything new back there? Maybe Jigoro finally found Zenitsu and... Kaigaku...

Hmm... Should I still stick up with my plan and kick him out the moment I see him or should I wait and give him a small but not so big chance...

Maybe the former but I should maybe think about the latter a little bit. Jigoro would really beat the life out of me if I kick Kaigaku away without a proper reason.

So I will wait until he makes a big ruckus and then finally kick him away from the household. If he won't make any ruckus, I will let him stay for a while.