Chapter 26

"Wrong, how many times do I have to tell you!?" Jigoro shouted in anger and hit my head with his cane.

"OW!!! Oi, old man, why don't you go easy on me with that cane of yours!? What will you do if my head splits open!?" I whined back and held my head in pain while glaring at the small old man.

"Silence! As long as you live, I won't go easy on you! Back to basics now!" Jigoro threatened me with his cane raised. I backed away quickly before he could swing his cane at my head once more.

Just because I do my Breath Styles slowly, doesn't mean he can hit my head that hard.

I rubbed my head a few times to lessen the pain magically and then took a deep breath. The oxygen ran through my body and I used Thunderclap and Flash.

After the first style, I continued with the second style and so on until I had done every style as fast as possible. I could feel myself get tired from using these Breath Styles many times.

"How... was that...?" I asked while trying to catch my breath. My legs were shaking a little bit and I struggled to keep myself to stand.

I could hear Jigoro sigh one more time and he tapped my head with his cane. That one weak tap was all it took for me to fall.

"The road is a long one. For now, rest and we will continue when you have rested." Jigoro ordered me and supported me so I could walk.

"I hate you, you stupid old man..." I muttered quietly but it was heard by Jigoro since he chopped my head with his free hand.

"Learn to respect your elders, brat." he said softly back with a small smile.

"Shin!" I heard Bell's voice calling out for me and I raised my head to see her running towards me and Jigoro.

"Oh, Bell-chan!" Jigoro shouted in delight and pushed me away. I felt something snap inside me and magically found the strength to stand up.

I glared at the back of my teacher who was hugging Bell with what seemed like a doting grandparent's face.

"Oi, you stupid old man..." I grabbed Jigoro's shoulder and gave him a smile that could make even bravest main anime protagonists shiver.

"Not now, Shin, I will listen to your complains later~." Jigoro told me back with a dumb expression that snapped something inside me.

I forcefully tugged Jigoro away from Bell and threw the old man away from Bell. And just as I expected from the former Pillar, he flipped in midair and landed without any injuries.

"You better have a good reason for throwing me away like that." Jigoro told me with his usual scary expression.

While glaring at Jigoro, I hugged Bell protectively and hid her from Jigoro's sight.

"Mine." I told Jigoro firmly which got him furious on a grandfather level. He started to chuckle like a madman which got me even more on guard.

"You foolish pupil of mine, I will show you that you are one hundred years too early to challenge me!" he shouted and jumped towards us with his arms wide like a bear.

"Come, you stupid old man!" I accepted the challenge and threw myself at the leaping Jigoro.

"No, fighting both of you!" Bell shouted behind me and got both of us to stop our actions. Since Jigoro was in midair, he crashed on me and I became his cushion for the fall.

Curse my luck...

Jigoro quickly stood up and started to move his hand along his mustache. I could feel his nervousness through his actions which got me a small smirk.