Chapter 19

Shinobu's katana has been delivered. It's the same old one she used. A bladeless katana.

I thought Shinobu would have changed her katana into a half bladed weapon but I guess she didn't want it.

Shinobu was now looking at her new katana while also testing it. She stabbed a few times in the air and had a satisfied look on her face. I wonder if she's testing the weight or something.

I stared at Shinobu while sitting on a chair. We both were in the Thunder Estate. I had taught Bell the rest of the styles and since I had free time, I wanted to see Shinobu's new katana.

All Bell needs is stamina and she will be ready for the exam. So I had Jigoro give her some simple tasks. I, of course, threatened to break his cane if he did something too dangerous.

Shinobu sheathed her katana and saw me staring at her. A smile came into her face.

"Shin-chan, if you stare at me like that I'll get embarrassed." Shinobu told me. I kept staring at her with a blank face and she pouted.

Ah... She tried to tease me...

"Is something bothering you?" Shinobu asked me. She took another chair next to me and sat on it.

"Nothing. I'm just sad that we are going to get separated for a while." I told Shinobu and stopped staring at her. I don't know why but I feel kind of empty inside now.

I felt arms wrap around me from behind. I turned my head and saw Shinobu smiling at me.

"Don't worry. We will see each other again." she told me. I felt myself smile again and patted her head.

"Yeah." I said with a smile. But then I turned around completely and hugged Shinobu tightly.

"But I don't want you to go!!!" I whined while keeping Shinobu close to me. She tried to push me away but I didn't let go until she stabbed my stomach with the hilt of her katana.

"Gah!" I let out a grunt and fell on the ground. Shinobu giggled and patted my head.

"Well, I will go now. Please try to behave." she told me and left. I cried and hit the ground a few times before I stood up and hit the dust off.

Sniff... And there went my other adorable sister...

"Kochou Shin, Oyakata-sama is calling you!" my Kasugai crow shouted and landed on my head. I grabbed the crow and threw it away from me. I glared at the bird that screamed while flying away.

Can't you see that I'm having a sad moment here!? Try to read the mood for once, please!

With a sigh, I left towards Kagaya's Estate.

=====

"Oyakata-sama, you called me?" I asked Kagaya while kneeling in front of him. The reason why I am doing this is because there are other people here.

A woman sitting next to Kagaya and two children on the sides. A perfect symmetry of four people.

"Kochou Shin, I need you to go to the north. There is a demon hiding out there and none of the demon slayers have found anything." Kagaya told me and I nodded.

"I will leave right now. I hope you have a good day today." I told Kagaya and he gave me a smile. I feel like he wants to laugh at me for acting like this.

I left the Estate and headquarters quickly. I also sent a Kasugai crow to tell Jigoro about my mission so he can tell Bell. I would like to tell her face to face but this needs to be done quickly.