Chapter 10 - Back home

"Crying is a way your eyes speak when your mouth can't explain how broken your heart is."

Andrea's POV

"Andrea?" My mother called me, concerned, but I didn't respond while staring at the little shoes.

"Oh my goodness!" My mother exclaimed in worry and rushed towards me as she saw me.

I hugged her tightly as she sat down beside me on the floor. I pressed the shoes tightly into my chest while crying hysterically.

"Please, pull yourself together." She said sadly while stroking my hair gently. "I understand how you feel, but you have to be strong. You are so young. You will have children in the future. Please, calm down." She stated softly, hugging me.

"I lost both of them." I confessed, crying. "I couldn't protect my baby. It is all my fault. Because of me, I lost my little one." I added and stared at the shoes as I pulled back.

"It isn't your fault, honey. There is something in life that you can not prevent as much as you try. Please, pull yourself together. Come on, get up." She said and helped me to get up. Then she wanted to take the shoes, but I shook my head, holding the shoes tightly. She sighed, concerned and led me towards my bed.

"I will bring a cup of herbal tea for you." She said softly and stroked my hair while I was lying on the bed. Then she left.

I grabbed my phone as I sat down on the bed and wiped my tears off my cheeks with the back of my hand. I looked at my photo with Alejandro on my phone. I kissed the shoes tenderly and placed them beside me on the bed. I ran my fingertip over his face on my phone, sobbing.

"I couldn't protect our baby. I lost my little one. I lost both of you." I declared, sobbing.

I breathed deeply and placed my phone on the bed. I ruffled my hair and stood up. My heart was arching. It was unbearable. I gripped a handful of my hair tightly. I looked at the white shoes again and closed my eyes shut.

"No!" I screamed and pushed everything off the vanity table, making it shattered across the floor.

"Andrea!" My mother exclaimed in panic and rushed towards me.

"Let go of me!" I snapped as she grabbed my arms and pulled away.

"What hap...." My father didn't finish his sentence as he walked in.

"Let go of me!" I exclaimed, crying and collapsed onto the floor.

"Andrea, please." My mother begged as she pressed my head into her chest while crying.

My father approached us and scooped me up in his arms. I leaned my head against his chest while staring into space without protesting as I felt exhausted emotionally. My father laid me on the bed and stroked my hair gently, giving me a sad look. I grabbed the shoes and held them tightly against my chest while tears ran down my cheeks uncomfortably.

After awhile, the doctor came and checked me. He gave me a tranquilizer.

I was staring into space, holding the shoes while my parents were talking to the doctor.

"She needs psychological help. Her state isn't good." The doctor informed.

"Yes, you are right. We are so worried about her." My father said. "She..."

I couldn't hear them properly as I felt sleepy. My eyes got heavier, and I closed my eyes.

Two years later

Alejandro's POV

I was staring out of the window as my jet was about to land in New York. The memories flashed in my mind one by one.

As the jet landed, I got off the jet as I took off my sunglasses and breathed deeply, looking around. I put on my sunglasses and stepped down the stairs.

My driver was waiting for me. He greeted me politely and took my suitcases. I greeted him with a nod and got in the car.

"Firstly, I want to go to the graveyard." I demanded as I pulled my phone out of my pocket and sent a message to Cedric informing him that I arrived.

"Alright, sir." He nodded and started the car.

I approached my father's grave and bent down beside it.

"Hey, Dad. I am here. I graduated from university." I said sadly and ran my hand through my hair. "It had been about two years, but the pain didn't decrease. My anger towards them didn't disappear. It is still here." I confessed and placed my hand on my heart as my eyes welled up.

I cleared my throat and wiped my tears off my cheeks.

"I promise you, Dad. I will get your revenge at all costs. They will pay for what they have done. I will destroy him without discriminating against anyone." I promised firmly. I breathed deeply and straightened.

I put on my sunglasses and got in the car.

"To the mansion." I demanded in an authoritative tone.

I needed to see Lucia and talk to my mother. As much as I didn't want to see my mother's face, I had to talk to her about our company. Meanwhile, I stayed in Boston, she ran the company. Now as I came back, I wanted to lead our company as my father planned. I would do everything to make my father proud of me.

As soon as I walked into the living room, Lucia exclaimed in happiness and threw herself into my arms.

"Hey, mi hermosa. You got taller." I said cheerfully and ruffled her hair playfully. I knew she hated when I messed her hair.

"Alejandro!" She giggled and kissed my cheeks.

"Alejandro, welcome home." My mother said softly as she gave me a smile and approached me.

"Hi." I said dryly and pulled back as she wanted to hug me.

She breathed deeply as sadness crossed her features. I wrapped my arms around Lucia's shoulder, pulling her closer to me and kissed her forehead as I led us towards the couch. My mother was looking at us while Lucia was telling me about herself. Suddenly, Lucia's phone rang. She grabbed it and looked at the screen.

"I have to pick it up." Lucia said and placed a soft kiss on my cheek. Then she walked away as she picked up her phone.

I breathed deeply as I leaned my elbows on my thighs and entwined my hands.

"We need to talk." I stated firmly as I stood up. "In the study room." I added.