Chapter 29 - A chance

"So here's the thing with broken hearts. No matter how you try, the pieces never fit the way they did before."

Andrea's POV

I looked away, blushing and started setting the table. Then we started having breakfast. Suddenly, he sighed and placed his fork and knife on the plate. His expression changed as he looked at me sadly.

"What happened?" I asked, confused.

"We hurt the most who we love so much." He commented sadly as he held my hand.

I looked at him in surprise and bit my lower lip without saying anything.

"I hurt you so much, but believe me, doing awful things to you hurt me as well. I hated myself so much. I still hate myself because of it. I will never forgive myself for treating you that way even if you forgive me someday." He confessed in regret.

"Hurt can not describe what you had done to me." I admitted honestly. "It felt like a knife stapled my back." I added sadly as I pulled my hand away.

"I know. I am really sorry. I will do everything that you forgive me. I will not give up. I will do everything to make you happy." He promised honestly and stood up.

He approached me and leaned over me. He cupped my cheek and leaned his forehead against mine.

"I love you so much, mi tesero. Please, give me the last chance." He admitted and brushed his lips against mine.

A few seconds later, I placed my hand on his chest and pulled my head away.

"No, Alejandro." I shook my head, breathing deeply.

He gave me a sad smile and stroked my cheek affectionately. I bit my lower lip, blushing and averted my gaze as I took a step back, folding my arms over my chest.

"Think about it. I will wait for your decision. And don't forget that I love you so much, and I will love you till death. You are my only one. My heart is yours. Nothing will change it." He stated honestly and placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

****

After finally, building my courage, I decided to talk to my father. I felt so nervous. I was afraid of his answer. I didn't know what would destroy me more finding out that Alejandro told me the truth, or he lied to me. In the end, I would lose one of the important people in my life: Alejandro or my father. However, with Alejandro, everything was already complicated; I didn't know what I would think about it anymore if he lied about it too. On the other hand, I didn't think there would be anything between us after all of these. Even if Alejandro told me the truth about it, I couldn't be with him, despite the fact how many times he asked my forgiveness. We should move on. It would be better for both of us.

I parked my car in front of the mansion and looked at it nervously. I breathed deeply and got out of the car as I grabbed my bag.

The housekeeper greeted me as she opened the door. I asked where my father was. She told me he was in his study room.

I bit my lower lip nervously as I reached the study room. I breathed deeply and knocked on the door.

"Come in."

I took a deep breath and walked into the study room.

"Good morning, Dad." I greeted him as I approached his desk.

"Morning." He mumbled dryly. He was still angry at me because of the video.

"I need to talk to you." I informed firmly.

He breathed deeply and placed his pen on the desk as he lifted his head up.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked coldly.

I breathed deeply and placed my bag on the chair. I ruffled my hair nervously and heaved a sigh.

"Alejandro...."

"Don't even mention that bastard's name in front of me!" He snapped, frustrated as he stood up and approached me.

"He told..."

"Do you still see him? After all things, he had done!" He barked, irritated. "I know about your relationship, about the past, getting pregnant with his baby and how he dumped you." He added furiously.

I looked at him in astonishment. How did he find out?

"Yes, we dated, and...." I breathed deeply and added sadly. "He was the father of my baby." I pursed my lips together, closing my eyes. I sighed and opened my eyes. "But I am here to talk about something else. I need to know it. So please, listen to me. It is important for me." I pleaded.

He sighed and snapped. "Ok, be quick!"

I breathed deeply and asked. "Alejandro told me that his father, and he saw you with his mother....making love in their countryside house. Because of that his father had a heart attack."

His expression instantly changed. He cleared his throat, averting his gaze and placed his hand into his pocket as he approached the window.

"Is it true?" I mumbled. My voice was barely audible.

"Yes." He replied without turning back towards me.

I covered my mouth with my hand as I gasped in astonishment.

"Yes, Catalina and I had an affair. That day we...decided to meet up in their countryside house. Catalina told me that no one would be there." He paused and took a deep breath. "When...When we were....together there, suddenly, Alejandro and his father came. Firstly, Alejandro saw us together. He was in shock. He left without saying anything as he couldn't manage to pull himself together. A few seconds later, Diego came and saw us...in the bed. He shouted...cursed...and we had a fight. Then he felt bad and fell down onto the floor." He confessed sadly.

I looked at him, stunned, my mouth agape. How... How could he do it to my mother? Oh my goodness! Poor Alejandro! Because of it, he hated my father. Now I could understand him. Seeing your mother with another man, being a witness how your father died because of it....

"Get out of my house!" My mother barked as she barged in. She looked frustrated, disappointed and sad.

My father instantly turned around, looking at my mother in astonishment.

"Mom..." I pleaded.

"Get out of my house! Now!" My mother demanded, frustrated. "I don't want to see you in my house nor in my company. My father warned me when I told him we were getting married. He was right. You are a real bast.... I hate you." My father snapped. "But despite all his thoughts, he supported us. He acted towards you like his own son. All you have now is because of my father. But you...you thanked us in this way. I stood by your side when you weren't who you are now, but you...." My mother gave him a disgusted look.

"Miranda, please...." My father pleaded.

"Get out of my house!" My mother demanded. "I will talk to the directors of the board, the shareholders and cut all your ties with the company as well." My mother informed firmly.