Chapter 26 - The past

"I gave you my heart, I just didn't expect to get it back in pieces."

Andrea's POV

I cleared my throat and averted my gaze. I felt uncomfortable under his gaze.

"I came for a drink." I replied nonchalantly and ordered the bartender to pour some vodka for me again as I finished my drink.

"Hmm. How about having fun with me?" He asked seductively as he leaned over me. His breath smelt alcohol.

"What?!" I snapped, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Come on. I want you. Don't worry. I will pay you. Moreover, I will satisfy you more than Alejandro." He said in my ear as he wrapped his arm around my waist tightly, pulling me closer to him and placed a kiss on my neck.

"You asshole!" I exclaimed in irritation and slapped him across his cheek as I pushed him back angrily. Then I threw my drink at him. "Bastard!" I snapped as I grabbed my clutch and left.

As soon as I walked into my penthouse, I burst out crying and collapsed onto the floor. I wrapped my arms around me, crying hysterically and leaned against the wall.

When I woke the following morning, I was still sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall. My head was pounding. My every muscle was arching. I stood up barely and went to the kitchen slowly. I opened the drawer and grabbed a drug container. I poured a glass of water and looked at the drug container in my hand, lost in my thoughts. I breathed deeply as I opened it and took all the pills in the container.

Alejandro's POV

As soon as I walked into the company, the receptionist approached me and told me I had a visitor waiting for me in the conference room.

"Didn't I tell you that you didn't let anyone in without my permission?!" I snapped, annoyed and walked towards the elevator in quick steps.

When I was about to reach the conference room, someone called me behind me. I sighed, rolling my eyes and turned around, facing angry Eva. I placed my hand into my pocket, waiting for her to approach me.

"You bastard! How you dare to hurt Andrea!" She snapped, frustrated.

"Watch your language!" I warned her sternly.

"If I don't? What will you do?" She stated sarcastically and tapped my chest with her finger.

I frowned, annoyed and replied, giving her an arrogant smirk. "I will call my securities and throw you out."

"Do it. If you could do an awful thing to Andrea, the woman who you claimed to love, you can do something bad to someone else or me." She hissed, giving me a disgusted look.

I clenched my fist in frustration. I breathed deeply, closing my eyes.

The people beside us were staring at us curiously like they were watching a soap opera while whispering to each other.

"Why are you staring? Go to your offices!" I demanded sternly.

They immediately rushed away, finally, leaving me alone with Eva.