Chapter 13 - Tornado

"I know my heart will never be the same, but I'm telling myself I'll be okay."

Alejandro's POV

I tensed up as I heard her name. My jaw clenched. I breathed deeply as I poured some wine into my glass and took a sip from my wine.

"No one. No one could stop me from taking my revenge. Even...Andrea." I replied firmly and finished all my wine in one sip.

****

I was working in my office in the company. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." I said without lifting my head off the paperwork.

The door opened and Cedric walked in. I placed my paperwork down on the desk as I lifted my head up.

"You like a tornado. You are here for a month, but you have already gotten two big projects." He stated, amazed as he approached me and sat down on a vacant seat.

"Thanks. It is just the beginning." I declared and breathed deeply, leaning back against my seat. "Did you do what I had asked you?" I asked firmly.

"Yes, and I have no doubt that we win the tender." He replied confidently. I nodded.

Suddenly, my office phone rang. I picked up it.

"Mr. Fernandez, you have a visitor. Mrs. Fernandez wants to see you." My secretary informed.

I breathed deeply in annoyance. What did she want?

"Let her in." I snapped and hung up my phone.

"Who is it? Huh?" Cedric asked, giving me a mischievous smirk.

"Catalina Fernandez." I replied sarcastically.

"Oh." He murmured and stood up. "Well, I will leave you alone then." He added, placing his hand into his pocket.

After greeting my mother, Cedric left, closing the door behind him.

My mother approached me and stood up in front of my desk. She looked frustrated.

"Today, in the jewelry shop, I found out that you set a limit on my card." She stated, trying to control her anger, but she wasn't good at it.

"Yes, I have set a limit on your cards." I confessed, entwining my hands on my desk as I looked at her with a blank expression.

She gritted her teeth in frustration as she shot daggers at me.

"Why?" She asked between gritted teeth, clenching her fist.

I stood up and placed my hand into my pocket as I looked into her eyes.

"Pray, I didn't suspend it totally. Considering the fact that you have done to the money's owner." I replied bitterly. "And if you need more money, ask your lover." I added and gave her a sarcastic look.

She sighed, annoyed and snapped. "How many times should I tell you that there is nothing between me and..."

"Don't even say his name in front of me!" I demanded, frustrated as I clenched my fist.

She shook her head and breathed deeply. "I am not interested in money. If you want to suspend my card, then do it, but give my son back to me." She said, looking at me sadly.

I gave her a mocking smirk and commented dryly. "Wish something that is possible to come true." I stormed out without letting her say anything and slammed the door behind me.

Andrea's POV

I was working in my office when my phone rang.

"Yes?" I said as I picked up my phone.

"Ms. Brandon, there is a board meeting in fifteen minutes. Mr. Brandon asked me to inform you." My secretary informed.

"Ok. I will be there." I stated and hung up the phone.

I breathed deeply and stood up. I crossed my arms over my chest and approached the large glass window.

This emergency meeting got me worried. Our company's situation was getting worse day by day. My father was frustrated. He was trying to do everything to help our company. Despite all these efforts, the situation of our company was dangerous. We lost two big projects last month. Both of these projects won the same company....Alejandro's company.

I thought this meeting was related to it. This morning, my father could know if we won the tender. Alejandro's company participated in this tender too. I was worried. If we didn't get this project, it would make our situation worse. I didn't know what we could do if we didn't get this project.

I breathed deeply and went to the conference room. A few seconds later, my father walked in. He looked so angry. As I thought, Alejandro got the project.

After the meeting had finished, my father and I went to his office.

"Damn it!" He exclaimed furiously and threw his file onto the desk.

"Dad, please, calm down." I said, worried.

"How?! Where I look, I see that bastard." My father snarled, waving his hand in the air. "He is doing it purposely. He wants to destroy me." He commented as his face flushed with rage.

"Why is he doing it?" I asked in curiosity.

My father clenched his fist and looked away as he approached the window.

"I don't know. Maybe because of money or reputation." He mumbled, placing his hand into his pocket, his back towards me. "He was hell-bent on for being successful." He added bitterly.

I looked at her, unconvinced and folded my arms over my chest, breathing deeply.

I didn't think it was about money or reputation. Alejandro wasn't a person who could do everything for these kinds of things. I knew him very well. There was another thing behind his actions, but I didn't understand what was the reason.

My father took a deep breath and turned around. He approached me and placed his hand on my arm.

"I talked to Gabriel today and asked his help. If he accepts to be our co-partner in the hotel project, we will gain time." He informed.

"Yes. And what did he say?" I asked.

"He looked positive, but..." He paused and sighed. I gave him a questioning look. "He has a condition... He wants this project to be a family project." He added, looking into my eyes.

"How?" I asked, puzzled.

"He wants his son, Jacobo and you get married. He asked me if it was possible that both of you went on a date." He replied as he placed his hands into his pockets.