Chapter 28 - The explanation

"If I could show you how awful you made me feel, you would never be able to look me in the eyes again."

Alejandro's POV

A few minutes later, she finally opened her eyes.

"Andrea! How do you feel?" I asked, worried while holding her hand.

She looked at me, dumbfounded and cleared her throat.

"Where am I?" She mumbled, puzzled.

"You... I found you in your penthouse unconscious. I brought you here. The doctor pumped your stomach." I replied, stroking her hair without releasing her hand.

She turned her face to the side and pulled her hand away angrily.

"Why did you bring me here?" She mumbled as her eyes welled up.

"Andrea..." I looked at her sadly. "You scared the shit out of me. Why did you do it?" I asked sadly, stroking her hair gently.

"Why are you asking like you care?" She asked sarcastically, full of sadness in her eyes. "Don't worry you will find yourself another entertainer easily." She added bitterly as tears shimmered in her eyes.

I pursed my lips together, looking at her sadly.

"I am so sorry, Andrea. I am freaking sorry." I admitted honestly. I wiped my tears off my cheeks with the back of my hand and continued. "Eva told me about...our baby."

She instantly looked at me, her eyes wide. Then a sad smile appeared on her face. She shook her head and said as tears ran down her cheeks. "Did you come here to accuse me? I know it was my fault. I couldn't protect my baby."

"No, it isn't your fault. It is my fault. If I wasn't blind with my anger and made that worst decision of my life, nothing would happen to our baby. I will not forgive myself. Never." I confessed honestly, looking at her sadly. "But maybe you can forgive me. You don't look like me; you have a golden heart. You were always my angel. My kind-hearted angel. Please, forgive me. I regret what I have done to you. I must keep you away from my anger and revenge. I should not break up with you. I should take you with me and go away from here. I should forget what had happened and leave it behind me, but I couldn't. I couldn't forget what had happened." I stated, crying. She gave me a puzzled look. "I will tell you everything. Maybe then you will understand why I hurt you while being in love with you madly." I added, holding her hand tightly. I breathed deeply and started explaining.

She looked at me in astonishment while I was explaining.

I breathed deeply while tears were running down my cheeks and continued. "We went there to prepare my surprise for you. I was going to propose to you." I gave her a sad smile, shrugging my shoulder.

"I knew you were going to propose." She mumbled.

"You?" I asked, surprised.

"Eva's sister saw you buying an engagement ring. Because of it, when you said you wanted to break up with me, it was a double shock for me. And I never expected it because everything between us was perfect." She replied sadly and pursed her lips together as tears ran down my cheeks.

"Sometimes, I think I am at fault for my father's death as well. If I didn't ask his help, maybe he would be alive now." I confessed in regret.

"No, my father couldn't do it. You are lying." She stated, shaking her head.

"If you don't believe me, ask your father. If he has some conscience, he will admit." I suggested firmly.

She bit her lower lip without saying anything, lost in her thoughts.

"Umm...Please, don't tell anyone about....today." She mumbled shyly and bit her lower lip, looking down.

"Ok. Don't worry. I will not tell anyone, but you should promise me that you will not repeat it." I stated firmly.

"I promise." She murmured, embarrassed.

I smiled and placed a soft kiss on her forehead, cupping her cheek as I leaned over her. She bit her lower lip nervously as her cheeks turned crimson red.

"You can leave. I am sorry I gave you trouble." She said coldly as she cleared her throat.

"I will not go anywhere. I will take care of you till you get better." I declared firmly.

"Ale..."

"It isn't up for discussion. Now, close your eyes and rest a little." I ordered and sat down on the chair beside her. I grabbed her hand and kissed her palm, giving her a warm smile. She breathed deeply and averted her gaze as she pulled her hand away.

Andrea's POV

It had been a week since I attempted suicide. I still couldn't believe how I could do it. It was so wrong. But under the effect of alcohol, I did that stupid attempt. I regretted it deeply and felt embarrassed.

Alejandro didn't leave my side for a second, taking care of me, but we hadn't talked about us anymore. As much as I told him that he went to his house, he refused and stayed in my penthouse with me. It felt like my kind Alejandro was back. He even canceled his meetings to stay with me. But I couldn't still forgive him after all of these.

I yawned as I stretched out and got up. I put on my silk robe and went to the bathroom. After taking a shower, I put on a white shirt and beige sweatpants. Then I went to the living room.

I smiled sadly as I saw Alejandro sleeping on the couch. I tiptoed towards him and bent down beside him. I bit my lower, thinking and stroked his brown hair. He looked so cute while sleeping. I remembered when I was watching him sleeping. Those happy days. How happy I was! More correctly, how happy we were! I breathed deeply in sadness, closing my eyes. As much as I tried to be angry at him, I failed again and again. I didn't understand why I couldn't forget him. Especially after all the things he did to me. He broke my heart twice, but this stupid heart still loved him. I didn't know how it was possible. Could love be blind this much?! He hurt me so much and broke my heart into pieces, but I couldn't get him out of my heart, my mind and my life. I wanted to forget him desperately, to vanish him from my life. I really wanted to, but this man got under my skin. I should hate him, but.... I shook my head, sighing and looked at him sadly. I couldn't hold myself and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. Then I went to the kitchen and made breakfast for us.

"Morning." Alejandro said huskily as he walked into the kitchen while rubbing his eye.

"Good morning. I made pancakes for breakfast." I informed.

"Thank you." He said, smiling and approached me.

He stood behind me and leaned his hands on both sides of me on the counter. My heartbeats increased because of this closeness. A wave of shivers ran down my spine as his breath fanned my neck.

"It smells divine." He whispered in my ear.

My breath got harsher as he pressed his body against mine. I cleared my throat and took a piece from the pancake. I turned around and put it into his mouth. Instantly, I walked away, catching him off guard. He smirked, looking at me.

"It tastes delicious." He commented huskily as he roamed my body from head to toe with lustful eyes.