Epilogue

"We've lost a lot of years, but you can't lose love. Not real love. It stays locked inside you, ready for whenever you are strong enough to find it again."

Andrea's POV

His jaw clenched instantly. He breathed deeply and hissed between his teeth. "My security guards surrendered him to the police. He will pay for what he has done. I will do everything to make sure that he will stay in jail for a long time."

"No, Alejandro. Please, I just want to forget about it. Nothing happened to you or me." I said.

"No, Andrea. I will do whatever you want but excluding it. He almost killed you." He stated in rage. "He wanted to take you away from me too. I will try everything that he dies in a jail. Just a few centimeters. The doctor said that if the bullet wounded you a few centimeters to the left, you were...." He didn't finish his sentence as his voice cracked. He closed his eyes, breathing deeply close as he ran his hand through his hair and grabbed it.

"Alejandro, I am fine. Don't worry." I said, giving him a reassuring smile and held his hand.

He forced a smile and squeezed my hand, looking at me sadly.

"No, Andrea. You can not change my mind." He stated, determined and stormed out.

"Alejandro!" I called him, but he left without listening to me.

"He is right, Andrea. I don't like him, but he is right about it. We got scared for you. You should see his face while we were waiting for you in front of the operating room. I just saw him like this once when his father was in the hospital. He was barely standing." My mother informed sadly. She breathed deeply and continued. "Your father should pay for his behaviors."

Five months later

I was lying on the sun lounger while watching my gorgeous husband. Alejandro and I got married a week ago in a private ceremony with my mother, his sister, our close relatives and friends.

My father was still in jail, but I asked Alejandro not to make my father's situation worse as he told me in the hospital and forgot about his revenge totally. It was my condition to get back together with him, and his decision would prove to me if he really changed or not as well. Our future depended on it. If he didn't accept my decision, I would never be with him again, letting him hurt me again. But fortunately, he accepted it and told me he would do it for me, saying the most important thing in the world for him was me, and he wouldn't repeat the same mistakes. He even helped me to save my company from bankruptcy secretly. He talked to our investors, co-partners asking them to think about their decisions and convinced them. When they informed me about their decisions, I was surprised because the last time we had talked, they were so determined not to work with us anymore. I found out about it recently, and I got angry at Alejandro because he didn't tell me that he tried to convince them without my permission. He said that it was his fault that my company was in that state. So he wanted to help me with it as much as possible.

Now the company was getting better under my leadership. My mother was proud of me. It made me so happy because I knew this company was so important for her as well as for me. On the other hand, she was so happy that I accepted her idea about making Alejandro pay for his mistakes. Actually, when she told me, I wasn't sure about it. However, after thinking about it, I changed my mind and accepted it.

I should admit it was funny how my mother made Alejandro sweat; I helped her with it as well. The last few months were a real torture for him, but honestly, he had deserved. He had endured our every caprice. Moreover, my mother was so creative about it; sometimes, I could hold myself hard from laughing. But despite all of these, Alejandro didn't give up, and proved his love again and again. And the actress, Lisa sent a statement, informing the journalists that her boyfriend and she were in that leaked video, not us. The journalists published an apology. A while later, I didn't know how he managed to do it, but I couldn't find any old news articles about the tape on the Internet nor the video itself. When I asked him about it, he told me that he handled it.