Chapter 30 - A stab in the back

"I will never regret you or say I wish I'd never met you. Because once upon a time you were exactly what I needed."

Andrea's POV

"You cannot do it. I gave my life to that company." My father snapped.

"It was my father's company. I am his heiress and the owner of the company. I gave you rights to run the company because I trusted you, but now I think I should not trust you. Now, get out of my house before I call the securities to drag you out!" My mother shouted in frustration.

My father gritted his teeth angrily and stormed out, slamming the door behind himself. I watched his leave, stunned. Is it my father? It felt like he wasn't my father but someone else.

My mother burst out crying and sat down on the seat.

"Mom." I pleaded as my eyes welled up and bent down beside her. "Please, don't cry." I begged and hugged her tightly. She hugged me back, crying.

Two weeks later

My mother and I came back from Rome this morning. It was my suggestion that we needed to spend some time away from here. It made me feel bad seeing my mother sad. She accepted saying it would be the best decision. On the other hand, it would be good for me too. Especially staying away from Alejandro. He had been calling me or visiting me, begging my forgiveness and sent different gifts and flowers.

As much as I told him I couldn't forgive him easily after all of those, he told me he would never give up and do everything to make me forgive him. He said he would give me time as much as I want and wait for my decision patiently. He begged me to think about it a little more and not to give up on us, giving him the last chance that he proved to me how deeply he loved me and regretted what he had done. He promised me that he would never break up my heart and do everything to make me happy over and over, saying that when he saw me in my house unconscious was terrible for me; even thinking that I could die that day was a real nightmare for him. And nothing would be a bigger punishment than thinking he lost me forever after what he had done to me. But I hadn't changed my mind. As much as my heart was arching about my decision, I thought it would be better. At least, I hoped. And this holiday helped me clear my mind; I finally was sure about my decision and planned to tell him about it as soon as possible.

After getting ready, I left the house and went to the company. Today was a board meeting in the company. My mother convinced all members, and they cut all my father's rights with the company. My mother suggested me as the new CEO of the company. The directors of the board and the shareholders voted and now I became the CEO of Henderson Enterprises Holdings Inc.

My father made a scene in the meeting, fighting with my mother and the board members and stormed out in the middle of the meeting.

As I was about to go to my office after the meeting, I saw my father storming out of his office; he walked towards the elevator. He looked frustrated. I couldn't hold myself and decided to approach him. My eyes widened as I saw a gun tucked in his waistband as he pulled his phone out of his pocket. What was he doing with a gun? I gulped nervously and called him walking towards him. Suddenly, the elevator door opened, and he walked into the elevator, ignoring me. I rushed behind him, but I couldn't reach him before the door closed because of my high heels.

I cursed under my breath and ruffled my hair. There was a bad feeling in my heart.

Oh my goodness! Alejandro! No! No! Please, Dad, don't do anything bad.

I rushed into my office and grabbed my bag and keys. I left the company quickly and got in my car. I started the car and went to Alejandro's company.