Chapter 18 - Just like old times

"The saddest thing about love is that not only that it cannot last forever, but that heartbreak is soon forgotten."

Andrea's POV

He sighed, placing the mug on the table and approached me. He grabbed my hand and brought it towards his lips. He placed a soft kiss on my knuckles.

"Alejandro...please." I pleaded and tried to pull my hand away, but he didn't let me.

"Please, forgive me. Can we not leave the past behind us?" He gave me a begging look. "I love you so much, mi cariño. I was scattered at that time. I couldn't think straight when I broke up with you. I wasn't in a normal state, and bouncing back took long. But believe me. I love you. I will never forget you." He said sadly, looking into my eyes and tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear.

"Alejandro..."

He placed his finger on my lips, silencing me and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. He cupped my cheek, looking at me affectionately and leaned his head towards me. I closed my eyes, breathing in his musky scent. I lost my self-control as his lips touched mine.

He tightened his grip around my waist as he was kissing me passionately, leaving me breathless. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I responded to his kiss. He deepened the kiss. I clutched his shoulders as my legs got weak.

A few minutes later, he pulled back and stroked my cheek affectionately.

"Will you give me a chance?" He asked hoarsely.

"I..." I breathed deeply and replied. "Yes."

A wide grin appeared on his face as he cupped my cheeks and brushed his lips against mine. He wrapped his arms around my waist as he deepened the kiss. I gripped his hair tightly and moaned as he pressed his hard bulge against my stomach. He moved his lips from my lips to my neck, placing several kisses, sucking and biting. A loud moan escaped from my mouth. I reached his buttons and started unbuttoning his suit shirt. He grabbed my wrists, stopping me and pulled back. I gave him a confused look while we were panting.

"I want it to be special. After all these years, we are finally together again. So I want it to be special, not hasty." He confessed. I gave him a radiant smile. He smiled as he cupped my cheek and placed a chaste kiss on my lips.

"Sweet dreams, mi tesero." He said, grinning.

"Sweet dreams." I beamed at him.

He held my hand as he headed towards the door. He placed a soft kiss on my forehead and left. I closed the door behind him and leaned against it, smiling ear-to-ear. I ran my fingertips over my lips. I felt so happy.

Alejandro's POV

I woke up early this morning. I couldn't sleep properly. I changed my clothes and went running. I accelerated my pace again and again. I wanted to clear my mind.

When I arrived at my penthouse building, I was panting, but I couldn't stop myself from thinking a lot of things at the same time. Especially about Andrea. I couldn't get her out of my mind for a second after that kiss. It felt like that kiss was some sort of poison, capturing my mind.

I grabbed my phone and sent a message to Andrea.

'Good morning. I love you.'

I breathed deeply, running my hand through my hair and leaned against the wall in the elevator, lost in my thoughts. Suddenly, my phone buzzed.

'Good morning. I love you too.'

I read the message with a blank expression as I walked into my penthouse. I placed my phone on the table and went to the bathroom.

After taking a shower, I put on a navy blue suit and white shirt with a matched tie. Then I went to the company.

As soon as my assistant saw me, she approached me and greeted me. I greeted her with a nod.

"Call Cedric and tell him that I am waiting for him." I demanded and walked towards my office.

A few minutes later, someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." I snapped and closed the file in front of me.

The door opened and Cedric walked in, holding a file in his hand. He closed the door and approached me.

"Morning, amigo. How are you?" He asked, worried. "You look....angry."

"Morning. I couldn't sleep last night." I admitted and breathed deeply, leaning back against the seat.

"From your expression, I understood that you were alone." He gave me a mischievous grin.

"Yes." I mumbled and sighed. "How about the contract?" I asked.

"I put the clause. Before they wanted to protest, but I found a way that they couldn't do anything." He said proudly as he sat down on a vacant seat beside my desk. "It was the best decision asking me to be your lawyer, amigo." He added arrogantly and winked at me.

"Did you have any doubts about my intelligence?" I asked, giving him a cocky smirk. He shook his head, grinning.

"So they can not annul the contract in any circumstances without paying compensation?" I asked seriously while examining the contract.

"Yes, Boss." He replied playfully.

I grinned, shaking my head and extended the file to him.

"Then this afternoon, we can sign the contract." I stated in a bossy tone.

After Cedric had left, I called Bruno and demanded that he came to my office.

As soon as he closed the door behind him, I asked in an authoritative tone. "Did you bring it?"

"Yes, sir." He nodded and extended a mini pen camera towards me.

I grabbed it and looked at it, heaving a sigh.

"Did you reserve the suite?" I asked as I lifted my head up and looked at Bruno.

"Yes, sir. It is the key." He replied as he pulled the key card out of the pocket and gave it to me.

"Thanks. You may leave." I said firmly as I grabbed the card. He nodded and left.

I breathed deeply, staring at the key card and stood up. I ran my hand through my hair, staring at the sky and placed my hand into my pocket. My mind was fuzzy, but I should do it, despite the fact that I would regret it. I promised to my father; I would get my revenge at all cost, and no one could stop me. No one!