Chapter 14 - The offer

"I mean, at the end of the day, what the hell does it matter who I end up with if it can't be you?"

Andrea's POV

"What?!" I exclaimed in disbelief. "No, of course not. I will not get married to his son nor go on a date because he accepted our offer after it." I stated firmly and ruffled my hair angrily.

"Don't refuse right away. Give Jacobo a chance. Try to know him. I know him; he isn't a bad person." He said softly as he held my hand between his hands. I frowned, looking away. "I am sure you will like him. Just give him a chance." My father added, giving me a begging look.

"No, Dad..."

"Don't answer right now. Think about it for a few days and tell me your decision, but don't forget about our situation while thinking about it." He said and placed a kiss on my forehead before leaving the office.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair in frustration. What would I do now? I felt desperate. The future of our company was in my hands. And my family's future as well. This company was important for my family as well as me. My mother's father established this company and gave his years to it. He worked non-stop to flourish the company. After he had passed away, my father started to run the company. He worked hard as well.

What will I do know?

I breathed deeply and ruffled my hair. How could I marry someone who I didn't love? I hadn't even met him. And...Alejandro. How could I be someone else's wife while my heart belonged to...Alejandro. I still loved him. As much as I tried to forget him, I loved him madly.

****

I sighed as I collapsed on the couch. I felt so exhausted.

"You look tired." Eva commented.

Eva and I decided to hang out in my penthouse this evening.

"Yeah. There are some problems in the company." I informed and grabbed my mug. I took a sip from my tea and held the mug between my hands, lost in my thoughts.

"Alejandro again?" Eva asked in curiosity.

"Yes." I replied and sighed, depressed. "I don't understand what he wants from my family. Sometimes, I feel like he does it purposely." I confessed and ruffled my hair as I placed my mug on the centre table. "Why does he want to hurt me again? What did I do to deserve these pains? I just loved him. So much." I asked sadly.

"Andrea, please." Eva said, concerned as she placed her hand on my back. "Please, don't let him affect you again." She added, stroking my back smoothly.

Suddenly, Alejandro's photo caught my attention on the TV. There was a special interview with him.

"I will turn over to another chan..."

"No." I protested as I grabbed Eva's arm and increased the volume. I started watching his interview.

"We only saw you with Natalia Angelou, the daughter of the well-known Greek tycoon. Did you fall in love before her?" The journalist asked, giving him a seductive smile.

I bit my lower lip nervously as my heart started beating like crazy.

He cleared his throat as sadness crossed his features for a few seconds and ran his hand through his hair. "No, I didn't meet anyone who was worth my love before Natalia." He replied firmly and gave his signature smirk.

I looked at the TV, stunned. What? I pursed my lips together and looked down, clenching my fist. His words made my heart sink. He didn't love me?! But why? Why did he pretend that he was in love with me?! No, it isn't true. All the things happened between us, his words, his touches, his affection, our unforgettable memories, our intimate moments, all of these could not be a lie.

"Asshole!" Eva exclaimed angrily.

"So why did you break up with her? A lot of people thought you would get married." The journalist asked.

"We understood that we waited for different things from life. So we decided that it would be better if we broke up. Now we are just friends." He replied, flashing his smile.

"I hope you will find the one soon." The journalist commented, giving him a flirtatious smile.

I gritted my teeth in annoyance. I always hated when women tried to flirt with him or get his attention. It didn't change now as well. I hated his effect on women. His single look was enough for him to get the woman he wanted. Women acted towards him like bees around a honeypot.

"So now, let's talk about your father. He was a well-known businessman. He was a philanthropist. He sponsored a lot of charity events." The journalist stated.

"Yes, I am proud of that I am his son. He was the best father, a successful businessman. He was my idol...."

Eva frowned and turned off the TV.

"Enough! Even hearing his voice irritates me." She said, annoyed.

After Eva had left, I called my father and informed him that I would go on a date with Jacobo. He got happy as he heard about my decision.

Alejandro's POV

"Did you hear anything new about Michael?" I asked in a bossy tone as soon as my bodyguard and driver, Bruno walked into my office.

"Yes, I heard something which will make you interested." He replied proudly. I gave him a questioning look as I put my hand into my pocket. "He found some new way to save his company."

"What?!" I snapped.

"He asked for help from Gabriel Colombo. He offered a partnership to Gabriel." He informed.

Damn it!

Gabriel Colombo was a well-known Italian businessman. If that bastard got Gabriel's help, he could save his ass. However, I didn't think Gabriel Colombo would be interested in his offer, especially knowing Michael's situation. His company is in danger.

"I don't think Gabriel will accept his offer." I commented.

"Actually, he didn't refuse." Bruno informed. I raised my eyebrow in surprise. "Because Gabriel wants his elder son, Jacobo Colombo and Ms. Brandon to get married. It was his condition to accept the offer." He added and shrugged his shoulders.