2

After a long while, the stranger turned around so I got up and began walking to the counter. "I'm Stefan." The guy said. I turned around and locked eyes with the blonde-haired man. He was breathtaking, to say the least. His green eyes glimmered around my brown ones. "Sundance but you can call me Sun." I smiled and gulped, feeling intimidated by his masculine figure all of a sudden. I was quite short compared to him. But then again, I'm short for most people.

Stefan nodded. "I'll see you around, Sun." He smiled and walked away.
"I'm gonna faint," I whispered, turning around again and requesting my schedule of classes.

After retrieving it, I studied my way through the halls and such until the bell rang. Fuck I'm lost. I thought. This is my first year at Mystic Falls. It's a long story for another time, but I'm transferring over.

"She can't stay in Mystic Falls anymore, hon. At this point, can we even save her? This has been her fourth time this month-" I listened to my parents argue from the staircase about where I'll be placed

"I know! I know. I just don't want her to hate me..." My mom said. "It won't matter if she dies. If she is dead, it'll be on us."

I bit my lip as my parents decided to send me off to a school for the mentally ill. A horrid place for horrid people like me. A place for the wicked. Was I truly a burden?

"... Once our home state of Virginia joined the confederacy in 1861, it created a tremendous amount of tension within the state. People in Virginia's northwest region had different ideals than those from the traditional deep south. Then Virginia divided in 1863 with the northwest region joining the union." The history teacher, Mr. Tanner, ranted from inside of a classroom. I must have zoned out. I took a deep breath and opened the wooden door, attracting attention over to my tiny frame. "Who are you?" Mr. Tanner snapped. Elena warned me about this asshole. "Sundance Gilbert. I recently switched out of private school." I mumbled. "You're too young to be in an advanced class. Give me your schedule...now!" He ushered. I handed him the pink slip and crossed my arms, making circles with my feet. "Sit by Mr. Salvatore. Now." Mr. Tanner handed me the slip and nodded towards the guy from the office. Well damn. I walked to the back row and placed my bag down and stared at my book, trying to ignore any glares from other students.

I finally looked up at the teacher and began writing notes, sighing a bit. Out of curiosity, I looked over at Stefan and watched as he gazed at my sister.

Always Elena. I thought. I mean, I don't blame him. My sister is hot for a dweeb. Elena looked up from her phone and at Stefan. She and Bonnie were totally talking about him. They exchanged smiles and she turned back around.

"Sun, are you ready?!" Elena's voice rang from downstairs. We were now back home and getting ready to meet people at the Grill, our favorite meeting place. "Give me a second!" I groaned.

I sprayed some perfume on my wrists and neck, then ran downstairs, and checked my hair in the mirror that stood in the hallway.

"Let's go." Elena sighed.
"Do I look okay?" I frowned, wanting some positivity from my sister. I never really got it. I usually gave it to her. "Yeah, great. Let's go. We're meeting Bonnie at the Grill." Elena told our Aunt. "Okay, have fun. Wait, I got this. Don't stay out late, it's a school night."

"Great job, Aunt Jen." I smiled, opening the door. "Oh." Elena appeared behind her. I looked up at Stefan, who made lovey eyes at Elena. "Sorry, I was about to knock. I wanted to apologize for my disappearing act earlier. I know it was...strange." He spoke. "Hey, Stefan," I spoke. "Hey, Sun." He replied, making me blush. What? He's hot. "No worries. I get it, blood makes you squeamish. Sun, start up the car." Elena handed me the keys, probably embarrassed.