60

Sundance

Stefan ended up leaving to see Elena so I stayed in the woods. Needless to say, I was bored so left. I brushed dirt and grass off, then went to the Grill. I ate some french fries and went to Alaric's apartment, where Stefan and Elena were researching.

I walked in and saw Stefan and Elena looking through the stuff in a drawer. Elena picked up an envelope with Jeremy's name on it and opened it. She then took out the papers inside and read the note attached to all the other papers. ""Jeremy, if anything happens to me, carry on my work. You have the other ring, let the ring make you strong. The council must be cleansed before the work can begin"." That's creepy.

Stefan took the papers from her and scanned it up and down. I then took it from his hands and looked at a list of names. "It's the Founders Council roster. Looks like some sort of hit list." I muttered. "What? No-" Elena denied. "He wrote it, Elena," I confirmed. Alaric is going crazy. "Jeremy isn't home, right?" I asked Elena. "We sent him away."

We all rushed to Elena's home and quietly walked into the house. Stefan walked into the kitchen and I stayed with Elena at the door. I heard footsteps walking down the steps and soon enough, Alaric revealed himself. He looked cheerful. "Hey, Ric. Where's Meredith? I thought you were going on a date or something." Elena wondered. "Oh, she got called into the hospital for a last-minute surgery, but she'll be back later." He explained. I pointed at his bloody hand. "What happened there?" I asked. "Oh, I...I broke a coffee cup and sliced my hand open trying to pick up the pieces. Did you get my ring?" He slowly stepped down another step. Elena shook her head. "Couldn't find it."

"Yeah, well my place is a bit of a disaster. I guess I'll just have to go get it." Alaric mumbled. Alaric looked down at a bloodstained knife lying on the floor. Elena looked down at it too then back up at Alaric, who is staring at her. Alaric was about to go for the knife when Stefan grabs him from behind and puts him in a sleeper hold while I quickly grabbed the object. Alaric passed out and Stefan laid him down on the floor. I heard a heartbeat upstairs and staggered breathing. "Sundance, can you please-"

I nodded and walked upstairs to investigate. I slowly opened the bathroom door and saw a blood-covered Meredith Fell. I sat down next to her and bit into my wrist. She grabbed it and placed it up to her mouth. "You're okay." I soothed.

-

Damon and I were placed on Alaric duty. We watched him to make sure he didn't get psycho again. He and I sat by his bed and played Rock Paper Scissors or other games. "You shoulda been there for Sage and Rebekah. Ugh, you would have loved it." He smirked. "Jumping out and onto the front of a train sounds more enjoyable than a sex cult with you and two other females." I scoffed. "Suit yourself." He shrugged. "What happened to us, Damon?" I blurted. "What do you mean?" The vampire frowned. "You used to care about whether I lived or died. You used to care about me." I breathed out. I don't know where this is all coming from. "I don't know, Sundance." He replied.

We stayed in silence until sunrise. Alaric woke up and we caught him up, then I left. I had no reason to stay there anyway. I instead went back to the boarding home and gathered my things and moved to a house nearby. Things are easy when you can compel them to you. It was a sudden thing, but I didn't have much so I was fine. It'll only be a slight shock to see the comfortable comforters and pillows taken from the bedroom when Stefan and Damon come knocking for 6 AM talks. No doubt they'd speed into my new room and talk my ear off even earlier. I settled everything down and collapsed onto the couch the owner had left. It was black leather material and seemed relatively new. Then again, I could always get a new one. I'm not focused on that now. I'm sweaty from running in and out and having to buy a mattress and carry it inside. Half the time I forget I have higher strength then I used to and my mind tells me its heavy when it isn't.