17

She stumbled inside and pulled Elena to the car. "We need to talk," Elena said sternly.

"Why do you keep sneaking off to my boyfriend?" Elena yelled when she and Sundance got inside of their home. Sundance was already stained from tears prior. "What do you mean?" She asked. "Every single day, you go to see him and Damon! Damon is a bad influence, are you crazy? And- And you snuck off to him earlier too! Then he left! I mean-" Elena ranted. "What, are you drunk?! Lexi died, Elena! Damon killed her! I was just trying to help-"

"Don't help! You don't need to have your nose in my business or my boyfriend's!" Elena stormed upstairs. Sundance followed. "Where did this even come from, Elena?!" She cried. "You! This is all your fault!" Elena slammed her door shut. Sundance stared at her room door.

She slowly shuffled to her room and sat down, somewhat in shock. She grabbed her phone and called Matt.

"Sun? Why are you crying?" He asked

"Sun? Why are you crying?" He asked. "Elena and I got in an argument. Uhm, where are you? Oh yeah, work. Sorry, I shouldn't have called." Sundance said. "It's okay. Text me." He offered. She nodded and hung up. She placed the phone down and looked up, only to see Damon in her window.

"Hey..." He said softly. Comfort only made it worse for her. Her eyes watered. "Damon, what are you doing here?" She got up and wiped her eyes. "Sibling drama, blah blah blah. You know, the whole murdering my brother's best friend thing isn't my scene." Damon shrugged. She had forgotten that DAMON was the one who killed her. Her eyes widened and she slapped him.

He just stared at her with a clenched jaw. She figured she should be the first to talk. "Why? Why did your plan have to go this far?" She whispered disappointedly. "I'm a monster, Sundance. None of this matters. Don't you get it? You're a pawn." He stepped forward. Her eyes washed into blankness. All the emotion had drained.

"Go." She whispered. His crystal blue eyes shined with regret as he stepped back. "Now, Damon!" She yelled.

And just like that, he was gone.

SALVATORE HOUSE: MORNING

"Rise and shine." Damon greeted Stefan with coffee. "You'll be late for school." He sat down. "What? What are you doing?" Stefan said tiredly. "Peace offering. Come on, you need it for blood circulation. Does dead flesh good!" Damon smirked. Stefan gave him a look. "All right. I'm sorry." Damon apologized.

"Step aside, please." Stefan got up. "I got the town off our back. It was for the greater good, but I'm sorry. And, to prove it, I'm not gonna feed on a human. For at least a week. I'll adopt a Stefan diet! Only nothing with feathers." Damon boasted. "Cause I realize that killing your closest and oldest friend is beyond evil, and yet somehow, it's worthy of humor." Stefan mocked. "Are you mimicking me?" Damon fake gasped. "Yes, Stefan. Now that the secret society of vampires haters is off our back, I can go back to my routine of "How can I destroy Stefan's life this week"?" Stefan rolled his eyes. "And I can go back to sulking and Elena-longing and forehead brooding. This is fun! I like this." Damon stood in the doorway. "And I will finally reveal the ulterior motive behind my evil and diabolical return to Mystic Falls." Stefan attempted. "Yeah. I'm done. "That's just like you, Damon. Always have to have the last word." Yeah, well...I didn't last night. I visited Sundance. Any-who, enjoy school." Damon left.