30

Rose and I talked about Katherine, the brothers, and what her life was like before all this happened all night. We cried, laughed, smiled, and had a better understanding of each other. We considered each other mutuals and friends. By the next morning, we had respect for each other.

Rose, Stefan, Damon, Elena, and I sat in the living room the next morning. "Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real." Rose began. We told her about what happened in the library. "Who is he?" Elena asked. "He's one of the originals, he's a legend." Damon mocked. "From the first generation of vampires." Stefan continued. "Like Elijah?" Elena looked at us. "No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal." Rose paced around. "Klaus is known to be the oldest," Stefan explained. I looked at Elena. "Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?" My sister frowned. "Us." I corrected.

"Yes," Rose said.
"No," Stefan said at the same time. "What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true..." Damon said. "Which it is." Rose hummed. "And you're not saying it so I don't kill you." Damon glared. "Which I'm not..." Rose snapped. "Then we're looking at a solid maybe." Damon continued. "Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else even knows that you guys exist." Stefan got up. "Not that you know of." Rose crossed her arms. "That's not helping." Damon hissed.

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all, we know he could just be some sort of stupid bedtime story." Stefan sat next to Elena. He took her hand and looked at her. "He's real and he doesn't give up. If he wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot." Rose looked at us. "Alright, we're shaking. You made your point." Damon groaned. Elena got up. "Where are you going?" Stefan asked. "School. I'm late." Elena sighed.

"Let me grab my stuff, I'll go with you." Stefan offered. "It's okay, I know where it is." Elena looked at him and adjusted her bag, then left. "She's in denial," Damon whispered to Rose. "Shut up, Damon." Stefan and I said in unison.

I received a text from Elena, saying to meet her in the tomb without anyone following. I got up. "I need a nap so...see you guys in a few years." I shrugged. "She says that literally by the way. Sleeping beauty." Damon smirked. "Beauty? How nice. See you later guys." I sped upstairs and went to the window, jumped out, and sped to the tomb.

Elena was sitting on the side of the barrier where Katherine couldn't harm her. I sat down next to her. "Ah, the doppelgänger of my sister." The vampire scoffed. Her skin was pale, her hair was matted, and she looked weak. I smirked. "Ah, the psychopath who only cares for herself. Nice to see you finally rotting." I snapped. She rolled her eyes. "It's a long story, Klaus and I. It goes all the way back to England, 1492 after I left Bulgaria. Or was thrown out." She turned to Elena. Elena gave her a small cap full of blood. "Thrown out?" She questioned. "My family, except for Claire, your true ancestors, they disowned me. My indiscretions were not tolerated at that time. I had a baby out of wedlock. The shame." Katherine looked at us. "It was kept secret?" Elena asked. "Mhmm. My baby was given away. After that, I snuck Claire out with me as I was banished to England and we had to learn to adjust. So we quickly became English. It was there that I caught the eye of a nobleman named Klaus. I was taken with him at first until I found out what he was and what he wanted from me. And then I ran like hell."

ENGLAND 1492

Katherine was running in the woods. She fell and hid behind a tree. Elijah and his men were looking for her.

"She's here. Katerina! I know you're near, I can smell your blood. It's pointless to run, Klaus will find you wherever you are." Elijah yelled.

Trevor arrived and indicated a false direction.