35

Damon slept with me for that night. He cradled me to sleep. It hurt desperately since I haven't been keeping a healthy "vampire diet," but I didn't mind after he crawled into bed with me.

I woke up and Damon was gone. I reluctantly got up and took a shower, then changed my sheets and cleaned my room. "Sundance!" I heard Stefan yell. I sped to the sound. "Yes?" I mocked. Stefan, Damon, Elena, and the vampire she-bitch herself, Katherine, stood
in Stefan's room. "What the fuck is she doing here?" I snapped. "When we killed Elijah, it broke the compulsion and freed the bitch from the tomb." Damon sighed. I groaned. "Nice to see you too, Sunny," Katherine smirked. Stefan glared at her. "How's that possible?" He asked Damon. "He's an Original. They have all sorts of special skills." Katherine answered. "I don't want you here. Get her out of here." Elena shooed. "You need me, Elena. You all do." Her doppelgänger said. "Like hell." I spat. "We all want the same thing...Klaus dead. Yet here you all are, running around like chickens with their heads cut off." Katherine rolled her eyes. I mimicked her actions.

"I don't need your help and I don't want it." Elena declined. "And that's incredibly stupid of you. Do you know where Klaus is? When he's coming, what he looks like?" Katerina smirked.

I looked at Damon and Stefan. "f you know something, say it or get out." Damon growled. "Fine. Then I'll just go to the Grill and have some lunch...maybe Aunt Jenna's free for a bite." Katherine walked out.

I decided to go to school, which was lame by the way, and went back home to finish then ten thousand assignments I was missing. Thank God for Quizlet.

Apparently, Alaric and Jenna are done because Alaric hates the lies. He gave his ring back to my father and is trying to keep his nose away from the supernatural. I finally finished my assignments and went downstairs. Stefan went to the Grill, so I was left with Damon.

Damon was in the living room, organizing Johnathan Gilbert's journals. "Hey." I greeted with a sigh. "Mhm." He grumbled, flipping through a journal. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders from behind so I could read the journal. He let out a sigh. "Sorry." He looked at me. "It's okay." I offered a small smile. He returned it.

"What you up to?" A voice said behind us. "None of your business." Damon snarled. I let go of him and sat down on the chair by some of the journals. "We're pouting now? Are those the Gilbert journals?" Katherine asked. Damon didn't answer.

"How am I supposed to help you if you won't tell me what you're up to?" Katherine asked. "Can you tell us where a bunch of witches was massacred in this town a couple of centuries ago?" Damon glared. Katherine shook her head. "Then you can't help," I smirked. She tried to grab a journal but I sped over and pinned her to the wall. "Sit and shut up, please." I seethed. Katherine pushed me off and sat down at a chair.

"Emily Bennett told me about the massacre. It was a big deal in witch folklore. When a witch dies violently, they release a mystical energy marking the place of their death with power." She explained. Stefan joined us. I smiled at him. "Elijah wanted to know the site of the massacre." Damon thought.

"What was he going to do when he found it?" Katherine asked. "I don't know. What did papa witch and baby witch have to say?" Damon looked at his ex. I paced the room. "Isn't she gone or dead yet?" Stefan asked. "For the last time, I'm here to help. Can we skip the secrets, hmm?" The brunette groaned. "You're voice is the equivalent to nails on a chalkboard." I hissed. She rolled her eyes. "Feel like a drink, Stef?" I glared at Katherine, referring to a hunt. He nodded and I wrapped my arm around his.

"Jesus, you'd think you were a natural bitch with the way you acted back there." Stefan laughed as we gnawed on separate deer. "Katherine just makes me--ugh!" I groaned. "Me too, trust me. But right now, she knows more about Klaus and Elijah than we do." Stefan explained. "I know. I get it. She just makes me wanna swallow vervain." I hummed. "Ouch!" Stefan laughed. I laughed with him.