13

Sundance ran to the door. Her arms were held to her waist and within a blink, she was laid pushed against the couch. Damon's face was inches from hers. "Stay for the show."

Vicki: What happened? We were dancing, and then...
Damon: Then I killed you.
Vicki: What?
Damon: You're dead.
Vicki: I'm dead?
Damon: Yeah, well, let's not make a big deal out of it. You drank my blood, I killed you, and now you have to feed in order to complete the process.

"Damon, shut up," Sundance said. She was shaking. "No, you shut up! You're so biased it hurts! Let me explain for once, Sundance!" Damon yelled. "Well maybe if you didn't stalk me 24/7, I'd trust you more!" She yelled back. Damon's muscles loosened. Did she know he was the crow? "How-?"

"It doesn't matter, Damon!" She shook her head. "You're wasted." Vicki scoffed.

"You don't wanna be out there all alone. You're about to get really freaky." Damon warned.

Vicki: Ok, I had a really good time. I just wanna go home.
Damon: You're gonna start craving blood, and until you get it, you're gonna feel very out of it. You have to be careful.
Vicki: Come on, move.
Damon: See? you're already starting to fall apart.
Vicki: And I'm going home now.
Damon: Ok, fine. I'm just warning you. Actually, you know what? You should go. In fact, if I were you, I would stop by your boyfriend Jeremy's house.

Sundance slapped him. "Fuck you, Damon!" She yelled, running out. This time, Damon didn't stop her. Sundance went to her house and banged on Elena's door. "She isn't here. Stefan took her somewhere." Jeremy said. "Jer, don't let Vicki inside. Got it? Don't." Sundance said, running downstairs and grabbing a knife. She went to her car and called Stefan, who told her they were in the woods. She decided to speed over and try to find them.

After following the car tracks, she was left to Stefan's car. "Vicki is a vampire." She said, running over to the two.

"Elena, go with Sundance! Now!" Stefan yelled, climbing in his car.

The cars sped back to Gilbert home. They arrived and saw Matt standing near Vicki. "What happened?" Elena shoved Sundance aside and stood near Jeremy, who was on the ground. "I-I don't know! Vicki spazzed out!" Jeremy said, panicked. "I'm taking her home. Find out how to sober her up, please." Matt sighed. "Matt..." Stefan reached out. "No! I'm taking her home."

Stefan left, leaving Elena and her siblings in the home they thought they were safe in.

"Maybe we should check in with Matt," Jeremy suggested. Sundance looked at Elena. "He'll call when he finds her." The oldest sibling said. "Well, what are we supposed to do?" Sundance scoffed. "I don't want to talk to you. You didn't tell me about Stefan!" Elena yelled. Sundance looked down. "We wait. We're supposed to wait." Elena answered calmly.

"I don't know what's wrong with her." Jeremy panicked.
"She'll be fine. It'll all be fine." Elena held her brother's hand. Sundance messed up his hair and smiled. The doorbell rang. Elena went to the door and her siblings followed.
It was Damon. Elena tried to shut the door on him but he pushed back. "Jeremy, go upstairs," Elena yelled.

Sundance's heart crumbled as fear and betrayal flowed through her veins. It was hard not to be friends with Damon. He had always ended up making Sundance smile. From perverted jokes to heartfelt conversations, the two had an unspoken friendship. But that bond had cracked when Damon began to show true jealousy and hatred for Stefan and Elena's relationship.

He stared at Sundance, then locked eyes with Elena. "You're afraid of me. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess. Stefan finally 'fessed up." He said. "Stay away from me," Elena growled. "Hey, there's no need to be rude. I'm just looking for Stefan. May I come in? Oh, wait. Of course, I can. I've been invited. We can cut to the chase if you want. I'm not gonna kill you right now. That wouldn't serve my greater agenda. So...Where's Stefan?" Damon walked in and picked up Sundance's phone from the desk. He put in his number and took a photo of himself as the contact. If it weren't for the moment, Sundance would have laughed.

"He's out looking for Vicki." Elena snapped.
"Don't look at me with those judgy little eyes. Girl's gonna thank me for what I did to her." Damon chuckled. "Did you thank Katherine?" Elena crossed her arms. "Elena!" Sundance slapped her arm. "Mmm. Got the whole life story, huh?" Damon raised an eyebrow and walked to the door. "I got enough." Elena stepped back. "Oh, I doubt that. Tell my brother I'm looking for him. Sundance, you're coming with me. Oh, tip for later, be careful who you invite in the house."

And with that, Damon grabbed Sundance's hand and left.

"Where are we going, Damon?" Sundance asked as they drove down a busy street. "Egypt. Kidding..unless. We are going to the cemetery."
"Why?"
"To see Stefan."
"Stefan? In the cemetery? Okay." Sundance sighed. "Listen-" Damon looked over. "Save it. I don't know what's about to happen and if you make me upset after apologizing, I don't know if I could forgive you again." Sundance looked at him. Damon gripped the steering wheel and nodded. They got out of the car and walked to the cemetery. Damon stopped and focused on the sound coming from the site.

"Follow me. Be quiet." Damon whispered. He grabbed her hand and sped to the trees. Stefan was laying on the ground with Logan Fell over him. Damon sped to him and bit into Logan's neck. Once his body hit the ground, Damon went and took the bullet out of his chest. "It's wood. They know. If anyone's gonna kill you, it's gonna be me. My ring." Damon instructed. Sundance ran over to him. "Stefan!"
Stefan looked up and yelled. "No! No! Vicki!"

Vicki was drinking blood from Logan. "I'm sorry." She whispered. "Oops," Damon smirked. He picked up a circular object.

The three made their way to the car again. Sundance offered to sit in the back to Stefan, which Damon objected to. It didn't matter when Sundance sat in there anyway.

Damon dropped Stefan and Sundance off and left. "You're bleeding." Elena pointed out to Stefan. "No, it's ok. It's ok. I'm ok." Stefan whispered. Sundance exchanged glances with the couple and walked inside. She then showered and sat in her window. The door shut from downstairs. Elena was inside. And for a moment, Sundance was peaceful.