19

"I brought some vervain for, um-for you and Jenna."Stefan, Elena, and Sundance sat in Sundance's room. Elena was observing stuff st Sundance's desk while Stefan and Sundance sat on her bed. Stefan grabbed a box "And, um, I made this bracelet for Jeremy, few extra ones for friends. You can put it in jewelry, or you can even put it in food or drink, but as long as it's in you or on you, a vampire cannot control you." Stefan handed said. Elena and Sundance took a bracelet and slipped it on. "I'll go give them to Jeremy and Jenna," Elena said. Stefan handed a small vial of liquid vervain to Sundance. "Woah." Sundance sighed.

"I know, but there's another vampire in town. So until we find out who it is and what he wants, we have to be careful." Stefan frowned.

Sundance nodded. "Elena, I need the money! Uh, here. Come in. Just put it on the table." Jeremy yelled. Elena groaned. It sounded like she was right next to the door.

Stefan and Sundance looked at each other and laughed.

BOARDING HOUSE

Stefan walked into the library, only to see Damon. Books flew back and forth. "What are you lookin' for, Damon?" Stefan asked. "Not your concern." Damon snapped. "No, but putting Sundance in harm's way, that is my concern." Stefan stepped closer. He was flipping through a book. "Hm-hm. What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about Atlanta." Stefan crossed his arms. "Oh, yeah. Sundance and I had a blast. Drinks, hand-holding, all that jazz." Damon smirked. "I get it. You're just bitter because one of us gets to be with the person that we love, and poor Katherine is just out of reach. Sundance will never love you and neither will Elena. Unless there's another way for you to get into that tomb. Is that what Bree said?"

"You're pathetic when you're fishing."
"And you're transparent when you're deflecting."
"Don't you have school?" Damon growled.

Sundance went to the Grill and met up with one of her friends, Nova. She was sitting with Seth and a girl called Jamie. "Hey, bitches." She sat down next to Nova, who hugged her. "Hey, whore." She smiled. Nova was breathtaking. She had tan skin and short curly hair, along with the most gorgeous shade of green eyes Sundance had ever seen. "We've missed you," Seth said. "I missed you guys too. A lot has been going on. I'm sorry." Sundance sighed. "Really? What has been going on?" Jamie asked, cocking an eyebrow. "Boys, uh...family deaths, memories, traveling... whole lotta things." Sundance looked at her drink. "Boys?" Jamie sat up. Seth sunk into his seat. "A friend." Sundance shrugged. Seth looked up.

"Spill!" Jamie urged. "Let her be." Nova scoffed. "Sundance, come here...now!" Elena pressured, sitting down with Bonnie. "I'm not two," Sundance mumbled. "Catch you later." Nova gave her a big hug. Sundance walked over to her sister. Bonnie let out a sigh. "I can't believe you guys are adopted. I never saw that coming." Bonnie frowned. Elena nudged her in the rib. "You know?" Sundance looked at Elena. "You knew?!"

"I found out last night." Sundance crossed her arms. "I found out while you were in Atlanta with the spawn of Satan."
Sundance scoffed. "I looked at my birth certificate. It lists Miranda and Grayson Gilbert as my birth parents. None of it makes any sense." Elena said. "Which is why one of you should ask Jenna."

"Oldest goes first," Sundance called. Elena frowned. "First of all, the Elena I know would always want the real truth, good or bad."
"And second of all?" Elena tested.
"You just found out your boyfriend is a vampire, so unless your birthparents are aliens...How bad could it be?" Bonnie whispered. The three teenagers laughed. "Ah, ok, look, I have to go to the store. My outfit for the dance is severely lacking accessories." Elena said, getting up. They nodded. Sundance left soon after and began walking home. Her phone began ringing. Unknown number.

"Hello?" She answered. "Hello, pretty lady." A deep voice said. "Who the hell is this?"
She walked faster. "Mm...we had a little incident outside. Your blood is amazing, darling."