54

I woke up in a heavenly bed with the heavenly smell of B positive in my nostrils. Overall, being out of a cell was heavenly. Catch what I'm throwing? I was able to shower last night and apply proper hygiene. Ugh, I've never been so relieved to smell like blossoms and vanilla.

I rolled out of bed and changed, then applied the same old morning routine. "Aye, let's say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait." Stefan said, walking around the parlor. I chose to ignore Damon, Elena, and Mikael. I grabbed a glass of orange juice and toast, then walked back into the room. "No, we vervained him! This guy is an Original. To make it realistic." Damon groaned. "What the flying fuck are you coming up with, Damon?" I asked. "Good morning, pumpkin. We're coming up with a story; don't blow it." He replied. I sat down and looked back at them. "We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger. Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead..." Stefan trailed off. "We drove it through his heart." Damon finished. "And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" Elena asked.

"Good point! You, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him... the last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied." Damon smirked. "Where do I fit into all of this? Klaus knows me. I'm right by Stefan's side so I need to know all of this too." I pointed out. Klaus observed us like crazy. I got the memo, don't worry. "She's got a point." Stefan pointed a finger at me. "You get what we are saying right? You've heard enough. Mikael tried to grab Elena, we vervained him, found the dagger, drive it through his heart instead of his darling daughter's." Damon quickly said. "Okay," I muttered. "Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof." I said. "Then I shall be dead." Mikael got up. "What if he wants to see you in person?" Elena asked. "Well, that means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him. I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned."

I peered over his shoulder. He was dipping a dagger in ash. "Before any questions are to be asked, it is not here. The knowing of its location is my insurance policy." Mikael stated. "Against what?" Stefan asked, pulling me closer to him. "You leaving this in my heart. You see, a vampire can't dagger an original without dying. So...it falls to you."

He handed the dagger to Elena. "What a mistake..." I hummed. Why would he give the 18-year-old toddler a sharp object? Damon glared at me. "Okay, Miss Snippy, follow me." He sighed. I frowned. "Why? I don't trust nor like you." I laughed. Stefan shoved me off his lap and I finally followed Damon to his room, breathing in the familiar rich scent.

"Can you stop being a complete and total ass?" He hissed. "No." I shrugged. "Please, Sundance." He pleaded. "No, Damon." I sat down on his silk sheets. He pinched his bottom lip and stared at the floor, thinking. "What happened with you and Stefan while traveling with the hybrid?" Damon asked. "Why do you wanna know?"

He gave me a certain "Just fucking answer the question" look. I let out a scoff. "Nothing. We were all we had so we kept that. Together 24/7. We were scared to be alone with Klaus. We slept in the same bed, knowing it was safe. We devised plans for when we left. 'We'll travel together' he promised. Yeah, no, we are stuck and forced into the Save Elena Squad." I crossed my arms and stared at my feet. An emotion began leaking through. I shut my eyes and focused hard on the switch, seeming to force it down before it clicked back on. "You don't hate Elena. You hate what she has. You always have. You used to want to be here and now you can't. You want Stefan." Damon smirked. "That's enough." I hissed. "You like Stefan so much, you'd turn your humanity back on for him." He continued. "Damon," I warned. I'll snap his neck. "That's why you hate seeing them alone together,"