34

I woke up next to Damon. He rolled over with a sigh and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. It reminded me of our old moments before I was a vampire when all we wanted was each other. When all I craved was love.

Things were different now. I no longer depended on a man for love. I have friends that actually enjoy my company and my company alone. I don't need reassurance because I have myself and friends I know will stay.

Damon Salvatore. The man that shredded my heart to pieces but stayed to help mend it nonetheless. He is a flirty type of friend. Friend. My feelings for this man will always be there, but for now, friends will do. I'm no longer head over heels for him. He and I aren't made for each other for now. We both have growing up to do.

Stefan Salvatore. My best friend and sister's boyfriend. Stefan and I have a bond that I want to last. The movie nights, talking, and playing around...it's my humanity. Stefan Salvatore helped me when I felt like I was crashing. He helped show me happy when I felt alone.

Sometimes I found myself wondering why I am still walking a lane of sorrow. Why I don't just end it. Why don't just go to join May? Why don't I see my parents again? Why don't I be happy again? But somehow, Stefan would help me. As a vampire I found myself wanting to shut it off. Wanting to leave. I felt alone, scared, and most of all worthless. Whenever I thought that way, it always seems to be the blonde-haired vampire to the rescue. He would come in and stay in my room. We would talk about my feelings, talk about his past...we would open up to places we never thought we could. He told me I was like his diary. He said he hadn't picked it up in a while. That everything that he was feeling just wants to me. I felt the same way.

<TRIGGER WARNING>

I told him about May. May would have been a spoiled but kind soul. She would have never known about these things. May was my baby. When I was 14, I was taken advantage of by a senior. He promised me he wouldn't hurt me and he only meant good. He said he knew Elena. I trusted him and he ended up raping me.

I had a miscarriage. God, did that send me into depression. I turned to alcohol and drugs. One thing led to another and I was like Vicki but worse.

<alr yall are good lol :) >

Stefan knew that. He knew everything.

I smiled a bit. "You've been staring for 84 years," Damon whispered. "I'm thinking." I protested. Damon rolled his eyes and looked at me. "We have to meet with Alaric today." He yawned. "Yuck, morning breath!" I gagged. I turned away from him. "Yours is no better!" He scoffed. "Better than yours!" I snickered. I got up and walked downstairs. "Where are you going?" He asked from upstairs. "I'm making breakfast, dipshit."

I checked my phone and saw messages from Klaus. Now knowing he wanted to sacrifice my sister and I, I've been ignoring him. I can't tell anyone about him either. I'm trapped into lying.

I made some food and got ready for the day. Damon and I went to the Grill and talked with Andie and Alaric.

It was boring. Really boring.

"Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" I yawned. "No, it was boring. Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming." Alaric huffed. "You sounded jealous. Sound a bit jealous?" Damon looked at Andie. "Kinda do." She agreed. "Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here." Alaric glanced at Andie. "Andie, she's been compelled not to divulge my secrets. Haven't you?" Damon looked at his girlfriend. She nodded and they shared a kiss. "How romantic," I said sarcastically. "Mmm. My lips are sealed." Andie kissed him again. Alaric and I looked at each other and faked a gag. "This is too weird." He whispered. "I just need the right opportunity." The raven-haired vampire shrugged. Elijah and Jenna walked into the bar.