53

QUICK UPDATE BEFORE I GET A NEW PHONE <3
-
"It's a girl! Congratulations, Miss Gilbert."

I was sitting in a doctor's office, a picture of the child I was supposed to have in my hand. I wasn't supposed to be 14 and pregnant. I was supposed to be worrying about grades and how to be a badass. This wasn't right. But I cannot give up this baby. Maybe she's a blessing. After everything, maybe she is what I need.

Is that selfish of me? To go through with this? What if I cannot give her the life she deserves? I'll do anything for this baby. Anything...

>>time skip (still flashback)

"She's gone, Sundance! You can't get her back by harming yourself!" My mother yelled at me as I slid a blade across my wrist. I was sobbing but couldn't feel the tears fall. I was curled on the bathroom floor, absolutely broken. Elena was looking at my mom and I. My mom was kneeled in front of me three feet away, scared to move while I threw the knife down. Grayson Gilbert, my father, was calling the mental hospital. I know it.

I held my head on my lap and didn't move until my mother forcefully helped me up and carried me bridal style to her room. She laid me down on the familiar sheets, which smelled greatly of vanilla and cologne and grabbed a washcloth from the bathroom. She lightly dabbed it on my arm and held me in her chest. "Shhh..." She cooed. I didn't want to be alive anymore. What was the purpose? I was bamboozled into a forceful and wrong event and ended up impregnated. I've been thrown in and out of parties and have no way to cope with anything anymore. Elena has told me she didn't need siblings when we argued. What if I left?

My father walked into the room and nodded at my mom. She looked down at me and back at Dad, then mouthed something and laid my head on the pillow. I sniffled. What's going on?

My mom then left and returned with a couple of pills and a glass. "Here, hon...take deep breaths, okay? I'll be right back." She promised. I sat up and felt my head pound. I tried to catch my breath as I took the pills and laid back down. She turned off the lights and walked back into the hallway. "Is she okay?... Mom, you have to let me see her- I- What?! You can't!" I listened to Jeremy and my parents argue. I felt my eyes fall and I slipped into darkness.

"Do we carry her in? Grayson, how does this work?" I heard. I blinked a few times and sat up. I was now in leggings and a big t-shirt. I had no makeup on, as I could see from the rearview mirror, and looked worn down. I felt drowsy and dizzy. My parents got out and my father gently grasped my arms and led me inside a building. Only then did I realize I was wearing slides and long black socks. "Where am I?" I whispered groggily. "Shh..."

I was escorted into a room and handed a gown. I felt like I was being watched as I put it on and walked back out. They gave me black slides and took my own pair off of my feet. My parents were no longer near the other nurses and I was alone. All alone.

"Sundance!" A voice intruded my thoughts. I sat up straight and looked around. Stefan was staring at me. "You're crying. Did you turn it back on?" He asked. I took a moment. Did I feel anything? It was only a dream. I still feel numb to the thought of murdering people. "No," I replied as the door swung open. Damon stepped in and looked at me. He bent down and wiped his thumb across my cheek to eliminate the tears. "Any feeling, darling? He smirked. "No, honey." I spat back. "Hmph. You know I'm not a big champion in this whole Lexi-Recovery-Plan...but Elena thinks this place is gonna weaken you two up, break you down and make you feel again..." Damon trailed off. "We should all listen to Elena, right? I mean her plans always work out so well, don't they? Why are you here?" Stefan let out a deep sigh. "What are you talking about? It's Family Day at Vampire Rehab! So, I'm paying a visit to my baby brother and my ex-girlfriend." He smiled and did little jazz hands. "Go away, Damon," Stefan suggested. "Nahhh. I thought we could hang out, a little trio bonding. How've you been, Stef? Huh? What about you, princess? You look...dead." He chuckled. "You know, Klaus may wanna keep Elena alive, but that doesn't mean she's safe with Rebekah..." I changed the subject. "Liar, liar pants on fire, brother. Klaus compelled you both to protect Elena, and if you thought for even a second that she was in danger, you'd be working a lot harder for your dear old sister."