32

I glared at John. This man had no right to be back. Jenna and Alaric walked into the kitchen. Jenna didn't notice us. "Oh God, I'm late." She groaned, looking through her bag. "That's what you get for hitting the snooze three times!" Alaric laughed. They looked over at John in disbelief,

"What the hell?" Jenna scoffed. "Good morning to you, Jenna. Alaric..." John glared. "It's okay I'm confused, right? Because we were not expecting you, like, ever." Jenna clarified. "Well, I got in late last night. Elena let me in." John explained. "Elena!" I yelled. Jenna and Alaric covered their ears. A few seconds later, Elena was stomping down the staircase. She looked into the kitchen at John. "Explain." I pointed. "You know, I'm uh, probably just gonna take off." Alaric cleared his throat, looked at Elena, and left. "I'm still confused here," Jenna said. "I decided to come back and stay for a while." John looked at us. "Not here, you're not." I protested. "Actually, you can't stop me from living here." John got up, challenging Jenna to say otherwise.

"Actually I can, as legal guardian." Jenna crossed her arms. "Yeah, about that...um, Elena, you want me to explain the situation, or would you like to do the honors?" John and Jenna turned to Elena. "She doesn't know?!" I whisper-yelled to Elena. She shook her head. "I'm sorry, Jenna. I should have told you earlier, but--" She began. "I'm Elena and Sundance's biological father. There, now you know." John interrupted. He then left the room.
"You're joking." Jenna glared.

"You brought back my dad?! That was your big 'Save the Gilberts' move?!" I yelled. Damon and Stefan turned towards me. "I went to go look for Isobel, and I get John instead. He said he can help us, and we're desperate." Stefan sighed. "We're not that desperate, Stefan! The guy tried to roast Damon like a fucking pig and, oh yeah, he knows I'm a vampire so guess who's next?!" I raised my hand sarcastically. "Bonnie's new witch friend is working with Elijah, so we have to assume that the moonstone was never destroyed. Elena is putting all of her faith into some deal that she made with Elijah to keep everyone safe. I mean, do you trust Elijah? I don't trust him. He's an Original, he can't be trusted. It's not like we can just go up and kill him because apparently, he can't die!" Stefan paced. "We're still waiting for the part where John Gilbert is the answer." Damon rolled his eyes. "He knew about the sacrifice, Isobel told him. He said he knew of a way to keep you and Elena safe." Stefan looked at me. "And how do we do that?" Damon asked.

"He's not talking. At least not to me anyway." Stefan looked down. "Great work Stefan. Top-notch. As if I didn't have enough problems." Damon groaned. "Hey, I'm sorry about Rose," Stefan mumbled. "Whatever. I knew the woman for five minutes." Damon hummed. "And you cared about her after five minutes. I wonder what that means?" Stefan cocked an eyebrow. "It means I care, Stefan. It means I'm changing, evolving into a man capable of greatness. Better watch your back, because I may just have to go get a hero-hairdo of my own, and steal your thunder." Damon teased and walked away. "I'm just gonna-" I back towards the door. Stefan nodded and chuckled. His phone beeped. "Nope, never mind. You're coming with me. Somethings wrong with Caroline."

"Oh thank god." A voice said. We were pulled inside of the Forbes home. "What's wrong?" I asked the blonde. "Tyler knows about you, Stefan, and Damon. He knows that Damon killed Mason. I didn't say a word." Caroline promised. I looked at Stefan. "It's that woman, Jules. She had a run-in with Damon." I said. Stefan agreed. "Tyler was so upset. The look on his face, he was so betrayed." Caroline frowned. "You're not gonna tell Damon, are you?" She asked. "No! He already wants to kill him. He thinks all werewolves should die, and he's not wrong to think that, Caroline. I mean, what if Tyler tries to retaliate? He has every right to. He could get himself killed." Stefan said. "Well, we're not gonna let that happen. We have to get to him and reason with him before he does something stupid. You have to talk to him. Just try to explain, you know? You always know the right things to say, okay? He and I...we're friends." Caroline hesitated. l nodded.