28

"You look hot today. Where are you going?" I heard from behind me. I stood in my room in the Salvatore Home, curling my hair. "I don't know. Hell?" I suggested, a smirk playing on my lips. Damon stepped over to my mirror and watched as I did my hair. "You don't look so bad yourself, Damon." I turned to him. I turned off the curling iron and walked next to him, reaching for my makeup bag. He grabbed it first. "No no no," Damon said. I scoffed and grabbed the bag. He pulled me back and initiated a kiss.

Butterflies flew through my stomach. He pulled me closer, holding my neck. I pulled away. "I just did my hair." I teased, walking back over to my previous position. Damon whined and left, then I did my makeup and walked downstairs.

Caroline and Damon were downstairs, talking

Caroline and Damon were downstairs, talking. I walked to the kitchen and made myself some food. Stefan walked in and took a grilled cheese, then walked to the living room. I grabbed the other one and ran after him, using my free hand to slap his head. He held the back of his head and laughed as he took a bite. We noticed the tension between Damon and Caroline and looked at them.

"What's going on?" Stefan asked, mouth full of grilled cheese. "Tell them, Care. Oh, you're going to love this." Damon scoffed. "I saw Katherine today at the Grill. I just stopped by to gawk and...quasi-stalk Matt. She told me that she wants the moonstone or she'll rip this town apart until it rains blood. She plans to do it tonight, at the masquerade ball." Caroline said.

"She wants to do it in public. Killing Mason threw her off guard." Stefan mumbled. "She's running scared. What she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks." Damon got up and paced around. "We can't underestimate her. We have to play this smarter than her." I said. "No shit, Sherlock."

I rolled my eyes at the raven-haired vampire. "Can we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Caroline whined. "No, Katherine's not getting dick. I've had it. I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball and I'm gonna kill her, tonight." Damon spat. "I'm down. Only thing is, you aren't killing him." I said. Damon burrowed his eyebrows. "I'm not?"

"Stefan is," I smirked.

Afterward, I went to help Jenna back into our home. "Easy. Grab the door Jer." Matt said. "Hey, stop fussing, I'm fine." Jenna protested. "No, no you aren't. The doctors said that you have to take it easy." My sister said. "Yeah, you don't want to rip your stitches, hemorrhage and die, alright?" Matt chuckled. "Yeah, the only thing I'm gonna die from is embarrassment." Aunt Jenna rolled her eyes. "You aren't dying. Period." I hummed.

"I walked into a knife. How does somebody do that?" Jenna sighed. "It was a freak accident. It happens." Elena laughed. "Yeah, I mean I've done it like twenty times at the Grill." Matt agreed. Jenna laughed, then winced in pain. "Okay, I'm being nice. Careful." Matt said. This was pretty nice from him. I smiled at him. He just nodded like he knew what I was going to say. We put her on the couch.

"What should I do with this?" Matt asked, holding Jenna's bag. "I got it," Elena said. Matt handed her the purse and Elena put it in the kitchen. Our brother followed her.
Matt and I sat down and I listened to Elena and Jeremy.